Golden Hawk Headliner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk Headliner question

What type of headliner is in a 57 GH? I sent for some samples, and the ones that I got were for a perforated material. My headliner looks like vinyl or leather, as it actually has a grain, with no type of perforations at all.

Looks like this is the first time I stumped everyone!

Comment

Plain non-perforated Leather grained Vinyl (mostly eggshell off-White) was definitely an option or Std. on many mid 1950's Studes. I just don't think anyone is [u]SURE</u> what belongs in a '57 GH, I don't have an original or ANY of them here! [:0]
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a couple of them, but can't remember without checking.

You may need to look closely watching this:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

James

The Bell Collection
        Bellingham, WA.
        Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Thanks James, this is Unbelievable! I vaguely remember someone saying there was a Golden Hawk in some Jamie Fox movie, but this is WAY more than that! It has a MAJOR role in the thing! [^] And yes this one has a White Vinyl headliner! [:0]

Looks like he got the StudeDude Dave Studebaker head massage, on that Hawk hood! Lol! [)]
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My 57 gh of witch i was the second owner had a white perforated liner . mac

Comment

Mine had the original headliner and it was the one described by StudeRich- plain (non-perforated) leather grained off white vinyl

Gallivan
              57 Golden Hawk
              Golden, CO
              Gallivan
              57 Golden Hawk
              Golden, CO

Comment

My 1958 Golden Hawk appears to have its original headliner, and the descriptions given by StudeRich and Gallivan describe it nicely. Hope this helps.

George

george krem
                george krem

Comment

I've sell both styles for Golden Hawks, not sure which is correct.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I've sell both styles for Golden Hawks, not sure which is correct.

JDP/Maryland
                    Did you mean that you've seen both types, or that you sell both types?

Reason I ask, is because I'd like to find a replacement vinyl style one to buy.

Comment

Working...
                    X