This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a Coupe Express Pickup

Still looking for a coupe express. If anyone has one for sale, let me know. I got some great advice and decided maybe I should be a bit more specific. I did not know production numbers were so low for 38 and 39, which means I may have better luck finding a 1937 CE Truck instead. I'll take any of those three years though.

I guess the best way to say what condition truck I am looking for would be like this: On a scale of 1 to 6, ( 1 being best ) I am looking for a CE Truck that is in the 1 to 4 condition scale. I am not looking to hot rod this truck. I come from the old school which means you keep it original through and through.

If anyone hears or knows of a CE Truck for sale, feel free to contact me and I will reply. I just like the style of those darn trucks ever since I went to the LeMay Auto Museum in Tacoma Washington. I am very serious guys, so please get the word out. I'd like to have my truck on here some day.

George in Washington State

George,

I think that you will need to widen your search beyond the rather limited number of participants on this forum. I suspect that most folks would lean towards trying to purchase one rather than telling others about their find. You may want to try the Antique Studebaker site or advertise in Turning Wheels, Hemmings, etc.

I suspect that it will take some time to get one and a ton of money. Sitting back and hoping that word of mouth locates one is probably wishful thinking. Be prepared to spend a few bucks with collector car magazines over a period of months to see if you can hit on someone who might be in a mood to sell.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

George,

I think that you will need to widen your search beyond the rather limited number of participants on this forum. I suspect that most folks would lean towards trying to purchase one rather than telling others about their find. You may want to try the Antique Studebaker site or advertise in Turning Wheels, Hemmings, etc.

I suspect that it will take some time to get one and a ton of money. Sitting back and hoping that word of mouth locates one is probably wishful thinking. Be prepared to spend a few bucks with collector car magazines over a period of months to see if you can hit on someone who might be in a mood to sell.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I second Gary's sentiments 100% Anyone on this forum that has a CE isn't looking to sell it. I'm astonished at how many of them show up on ebay![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I second Gary's sentiments 100% Anyone on this forum that has a CE isn't looking to sell it. I'm astonished at how many of them show up on ebay![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There is still a 39 Coupe Express on Hemmings.com Here is the URL

And here is the description:

STUDEBAKER: 1939 coupe express, very solid and complete CA vehicle, engine turns but not running, ready for restoration, stored in Virginia. 215-906-7001, PA; or email: j537mjs@aol.com N/A

It may not be in the condition that you want, but it is "Ready for Restoration"

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

There is still a 39 Coupe Express on Hemmings.com Here is the URL

And here is the description:

STUDEBAKER: 1939 coupe express, very solid and complete CA vehicle, engine turns but not running, ready for restoration, stored in Virginia. 215-906-7001, PA; or email: j537mjs@aol.com N/A

It may not be in the condition that you want, but it is "Ready for Restoration"

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by coupeexpress

Still looking for a coupe express. If anyone has one for sale, let me know. I got some great advice and decided maybe I should be a bit more specific. I did not know production numbers were so low for 38 and 39, which means I may have better luck finding a 1937 CE Truck instead. I'll take any of those three years though.

I guess the best way to say what condition truck I am looking for would be like this: On a scale of 1 to 6, ( 1 being best ) I am looking for a CE Truck that is in the 1 to 4 condition scale. I am not looking to hot rod this truck. I come from the old school which means you keep it original through and through.

If anyone hears or knows of a CE Truck for sale, feel free to contact me and I will reply. I just like the style of those darn trucks ever since I went to the LeMay Auto Museum in Tacoma Washington. I am very serious guys, so please get the word out. I'd like to have my truck on here some day.

George,

Please send me an e-mail by way of the forum's e-mail feature. I know of a '39 that may be available, and it sounds like exactly what you want.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by coupeexpress

George,

Please send me an e-mail by way of the forum's e-mail feature. I know of a '39 that may be available, and it sounds like exactly what you want.

Comment

Working...
                  X