Feb. TW,Surprize and Delight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb. TW,Surprize and Delight!

I just got my new TW out of the mail box. Imagine my surprize and delight when I opened page 37. Matthew done his ole' Grandpa proud once again.
    Of all the Studebakers I have owned over the years, this 57 silver Hawk has got to be in the top 3 alltime favorites. Along with my first car,a 48 Champion ragtop, and the 56 Sky Hawk I courted Matthew's Grand ma in. The SHADOW was put togather(and kept togather) wit parts from 56 -63. Theres not much orignal left to it, but it has been a great ride. I bought the car when I was 30 years old. I have now owned it 30 years. The Shadow has been with me for half my life.
    I think I'll go take it out for a little spin. Thanks Matthew. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

I thought you'd like that.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I changed my mind about going for a ride. The temp never got out of the30's today and the wind is 25 mph. That's COLD for south GA. I don't know how you Yankees do it. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

What we do, Mr. Thornton, is we roll the window up.

Comment

Now, c'mon! I just took my lark out yesterday in single digit weather! (Actaully, normally I would never do that, as the heating ducts are all rotten and gone, as I never plan on driving it during the winter. It was a chilly ride, but I had just tuned it up, and I simply could not wait for things to warm up!)

I will be looking in my mailbox now, hopefully I get my feb. issue soon!

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Another great article, Matthew. [^] Great to see your Shadow spotlighted, Neil.

Comment

Thanks for the Laughs Neil and Art

Mabel 1949 Champion
              1957 Silverhawk
              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              1955 President State
              1957 Golden Hawk
              Fresno,Ca
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. As for the cold weather, I live on a farm 12 miles from the small town of Hazlehurst. The Shadow stays in town at my shop. So I must brave the cold wind to get to the car.My means of transport here include ol' Fred, a 58 transtar that we use to haul hay and fire wood. The climatizer is disconected. My work truck, A brandX diesel Dually with no thermostat. A 1981 Avanti with a dead battery, a Motor cycle and the Wife's Chrysler. The only one with a decent heater is the Chrysler,and she had already gone to work. So I elected to sit by the fire most of the day. Looks like I may do the same today. But it's supposed to hit 70 Saturday! and that's the day of the big Swap Meet in Moultrie. My son and I plan to be there. NT

Neil Thornton
                Hazlehurst, GA
                '57 Silver Hawk
                '56 Sky Hawk
                '51 2R16 dump truck
                Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Matthew / Neil

Good article. When I seen the picture, I thought I recognized the car. Seen the Jeff Davis county tag then I knew for sure. Also I think I recognized where the picture was taken. At the river where the club meeting was held. I have known the car ( and Neil ) since 1985. Probably the second Studebaker I ever rode in.

Mike

Comment

Enjoyed your writing, Matt. 'Keep up the good work. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                    X