look what I bought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look what I bought...

And you thought Bams had it bad.But hey,it was cheap,thanks to bored young men broke into a storage lot and broke every piece of glass there was out of it.Now anyone know where I can get all the side glass and vent windows?

Drive down the road to Tommy's, Rich. He has tons of that stuff. He hibernates all winter, but he may let you go get it. Looks solid and a bright pastel, like you like' em!

Comment

I have for a 4 door all side, vent and back glasses for 65 I am in lower Alabama It looks like we are a long way apart. [The snow] Doug M

Comment

Thanks Doug.I think it is all different.Hey BarnLark,I will try Tommy!

Comment

CT

All I can say is: 502 BBC hooked to TH350 and Narrowed 9 in. with air locker. Tubbed 4 link thrown in for good measure.

All you would need is Acrylic Sheet to replace the glass. Think of all the money you can save.

And last but not least: "Pretty in Pink" painted on the sides.

Oh yah, dump the nasty front bumper

Bob [}][}]

Comment

I like the way you think!!! I am thinking straight axle,fenderwell headers ,the small block in my garage or the 454 in my friends garage,Dana44 Primer black,whatever interior I can find to fit,a rool bar and a period hood scoop,or no hood and two 4's with velocity stacks.No fornt bumper either.And it may get a 61 single headlight nose like my other 61 Lark. I just need to finish mama's wagon first! Yancy's car has a magical effect on me!

Comment

WTH is spell check? Sorry-tired eyes!

Comment

Your getting close but you'll need the two inner headlights to feed the throats of the twin 4-bbls and keep the SBC for another project. Nothing beats the thunder of a BBC through the fenderwell headers.

I'd modify the hood to keep whatever I had underneath a mystery even if I had to put a ProStreet scoop on it.

Think Ford Thunderbolt.[]

BTW, If I have a next project, it'll be exactly what we are discussing now.

Bob [}]

Comment

Vent glass and side glass is all flat glass. Your local glass shop can cut it for you. Does Dennis at SASCO not have any?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

And you thought Bams had it bad.But hey,it was cheap,thanks to bored young men broke into a storage lot and broke every piece of glass there was out of it.Now anyone know where I can get all the side glass and vent windows?
                    Its nice to see you're saving it!! A Custom 2 door sedan (F6) is quite rare!

Craig

Comment

Rich, you are a wild man! As long as you finish Momma's wagon first, or you might end up living in it

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Ohhhh dude, go for the big block! I have a dana 44 3:73 TT I will donate if you do. I will deliver to southbend! (with beer!)[8D] the hot rod power tour is going there you know. Rich

64 Daytona HT
                        64 GT R1 Hawk(pkg)
                        Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC
                        64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                        Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Wow, that certainly looks dry if it is a South Bend car, Rich; is it?

Is the car a V-8? What transmission?

Did you move? That doesn't look like the house and garage where Jim Turner and I picked up his "new" (your "old") Dakota. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm thinking you're gonna have a problem if you replace the glass. That passenger side door restraining system probably won't work properly with glass in there.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Oh listen to the bench racing dreams, there getting wild, imaginative and deep......I like it..

Champ looks like quite the undertaking, as to the glass, the only thing I think I can help with would be the drive and pass main glass. Keep us informed, cause I think shipping would be a bear.

Super charged small block, keep the hood (don't want to scare away the ney sayers) Smoke em at the light and raise the hood when you see their bewildered face [}]at the cruise.

ps. frame pics coming

ChopStu
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X