Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted

Anyone know where I can get windshield wiper linkage parts, and motor? Also looking for good brake drums, and heater with ducting. This is for my 1952 2r5.

Thanks Bob

I would try Tom Karkiewicz in South Bend.

Nick

Comment

Were electric wipers an option for the R series trucks?
      [img][/img]

John Clary
      Greer, SC
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

Were electric wipers an option for the R series trucks?

John Clary
        Greer, SC
        SDC member since 1975
        Yes. However, most of the parts are different from the vacuum wipers.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Parr Automotive has a bolt in electric wiper motor for 49 thru 53 Studebaker pickups. Any way they did have. There in Oklahoma City.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I want to stay with drum brakes and am still looking for good drums. Mine is a 52 2r5. And when I get smart, or my son is home from college, I will post a picture. Thanks Bob[8D]

Comment

This is, in part, a note I received from a fellow SDC member a few months ago. It is another source for wiper stuff.

Contact New Port Engineering , from Washington , MO. New Port has a reputation for being one of the top names in wiper motors for the street rod industry, and I wanted to see if they had something that will work for me. I was surprised to find they already did have the electric motor to replace the 39 and 40 Stude cars with the vacuum wiper motor, but did not know that some early Studes came with electric wiper motors.

They asked me to send them my old 6 volt motor. After looking at it , they decided to custom make a wiper motor for me. I received the motor a few days ago , and it fits perfectly. They even include a new wiper switch with the HI & LOW speed settings.

When I phoned them to tkank them for their perfect work , they told me that they would welcome any Studebaker requests, as they are wanting to branch out beyond the normal Chevy / Ford / Mopar wiper motors ! They can also replace worn out 12 volt units on cars or trucks now.

If one wants to look at the computer , look for www.newportwipers.com , Their address is 2760 New Port Road, Washington , MO 63090
              The phone number is 636-239-1698 . Ask for Gavin , as he's the one assigned to specialize in Studebaker requests.

I think it's great for our Studebakers to be able to take advantage of the modern wiper motors available from New Port Engineering.

duane miller

Comment

Working...
              X