Running 289 $150 in SF area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 289 $150 in SF area

Can't argue with the price, and may even be able to negotiate down a little! If you're in the Bay area, you gotta get it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Small world, a few years ago I sold this 289 engine to allan and it is a 289 full flow 63 from a wagon, and at the time I bought the 232 that came out of his truck, about 3 months ago he called and said he had some kind of problem with the 289 but I can't remember what it was, any how he wanted to buy back the 232 and I still had it in the shop so I sold it to him, had I known then he wanted to get rid of the 289 I would have traded for it, maybe I should hive him a call, always need a 289 extra............Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

If I was anywhere in range I'd go after it in a minute; what's a good 289 crank worth? And, he says there's nothing wrong with it, quote:

It ran OK when pulled. NO smoke, good compression, even on all 8 cylinders. I just don't need the extra power from the 289 more than the good economy from the 232.

I can't believe it's still available[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I replied to this ad but didn't get a response, it may be gone already.

Comment

Working...
        X