Weasel Film..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel Film..

I hadn't seen this one... and did a search..but not there either.

Got it from a Cub-Cadet forum of all things....

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Ray,
    I remember someone showing us this film at the NC tri-state meet back when we were holding the event at Black Mountain. ('bout 100 years ago!)
    [img][/img]

John Clary
    Greer, SC
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Omigosh, Ray; did you note the Life Expectancy specified for the Weasel? Only 1,000 (yes, only one thousand) miles! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, That's when I learned that the Weasel was originally intended to run with the narrow end forward, until they tried to go into the water. It sunk like a rock. Turning it around with the broad end first, solved that problem. I like all these old films. Thanks for the link Ray.

John Clary
        Greer, SC
        SDC member since 1975
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I was the one who showed the Weasel film at the Black Mountain meet. That was a color film put out by Studebaker in 1945. A great 16mm presentation that I had put on video some years ago. Incidentally the date of the meet was 1982, not all that long ago!

Richard Quinn
          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Richard, that might not have been all that long ago, but its a lot longer than most folks keep their Fords and Chevy's. I'm thankful that our attendance increased to where we had to seek a larger place, but I have very fond memories of those meets.Your presentation and others through the years have been very special
            [img][/img]

John Clary
            Greer, SC
            SDC member since 1975
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I am so ashamed of myself...... Between the 6 and 7 minute marks, the Weasel was going through a snow-covered gulley and didn't make it. Had to back and go again. And I found myself cheering for it to make it. GO WEASEL GO!! Fist in the air! Geesh, what have I become?????

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
              X