Wheelcovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelcovers

Anybody ever see "Air Flow" AC-3277 or "Aero Strut" AC-3281 wheel covers any more?
    Peter Bishop

Yeah - they have shown up on ebay now and then. Figure $300 up (more towards the "up" actually) for a good set.[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Were they in short supply?
      Peter Bishop

Comment

I have a set of Aero Strut that need to be rechromed, but yes they are hard to come by.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PeterHawk

Well they never sold in any quantity when new, so there would be little need for a large stock in South Bend, so I guess you could say; yes they are quite rare! [:0]

Most people are more than happy with the Standard Wheel Covers as they are quite well done, and the Aero-Strut was big on rusting!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by PeterHawk

Well they never sold in any quantity when new, so there would be little need for a large stock in South Bend, so I guess you could say; yes they are quite rare! [:0]
            Most people are more than happy with the Standard Wheel Covers as they are quite well done, and the Aero-Strut was big on rusting!
            Aero-Struts are also very heavy- easy to visualize one rolling down the road along side you.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Yeah - they have shown up on ebay now and then. Figure $300 up (more towards the "up" actually) for a good set.[:0]
              "up" is right. I sold a NOS set of the "Air Flow" covers about 10 or 12 years ago for $600.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I love the look of those covers, but the cost, weight, and tendency to jump off don't excite me; so you might consider these copies:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I thought I saw a set of these at York last year.The fellow wanted major bucks for them, but they looked factory new.They stayed on the table though,along with that NOS clock and AM/FM radio that was for sale a couple of rows down.[:I]

Comment

think there was a set on ebay last week, they didn't sell

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...