Parking light question on 57 GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking light question on 57 GH

Are the front parking lights supposed to turn off when you flip the switch to the headlight position?

yes - I don't believe that they stayed on until sometime in the late 60s. If that bothers you just make up a single male to double female bullet connector and put the front parking lights on the taillight circuit.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jeryst

Are the front parking lights supposed to turn off when you flip the switch to the headlight position?
      Yes, this is a pre 1990's car you know! Also has no third stop light, side marker lights, shoulder harness, air bags, tilt wheel and cruise control! [)] But WAY MORE class! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by jeryst

Yes, this is a pre 1990's car you know! Also has no third stop light, side marker lights, shoulder harness, air bags, tilt wheel and cruise control! [)] But WAY MORE class! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know if that was normal, or if I did something wrong. It seems to be something peculiar to Studebakers of the era. I've owned a 57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe, a 49 Cadillac Model 62, and a 59 Fury, and their parking lights stayed on when the headlights came on. Definitely right about the class.

Comment

Working...
        X