Painted Dash & Arm Rests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Dash & Arm Rests

Finally got around to using the interior kit I got from Just Dashes awhile back.

I painted the arm rests I got from a 66 Cruiser. They were in great shape and looked even better after painting. They are different than 63 ones, but have a thicker skin that seems to hold its shape better through the years:

I also did the dash, but I had problems with the sprayer. I'll have to get another one and finish the dash this coming weekend:

The ash tray cover is done, the glove box door needs one more coat, and the dash itself needs about two more coats - I'm still seeing a bunch of green.

The Just Dashes dye goes on very easily and the results are great. I had a little spattering when I first started, but the dye is pretty forgiving. As with any painting or coating, it pays to take your time and apply many light coats instead of thick, heavy ones.

Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    '60 Lark HT
    '63 Wagonaire
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Scott can you get any color you want&how can i contact this place.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Just go to justdashes.com
      they are out of CA and they do an outstanding job !!!!

57 & 58 Packards
      62 Daytona
      63 R2 Lark

Comment

I did the dash on my '64 Daytona a couple of years ago, it has held up nice. It was mint when I got it, but has begun to crack since then (yep-by the speaker).

Comment

Lenny R2,

They can match any color you need.

They have also recreated 63-65 Lark dashes too, but it's expensive.

Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          '60 Lark HT
          '63 Wagonaire
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I am about ready to undertake this same project. A few questions please.

- What is the best adhesive to glue the pad to the metal dash frame.
            - Does it make a difference to dye the pad first as shown above or is there any advantage to wait until it is glued in place.
            - On the entire back top edge (window edge) of the dash pad there is piece of vinyl that protrudes past the frame. Should this be bent down over the frame and glued down also?

Lastly, I purchased my vinyl dye from Studebaker International. They have several stock colors available in spray can form.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X