Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

After looking for one of these for 17 or 18 years, I found one. I paid for it with a re-corable radiator for the 61 Lark that it came off of.

I was asked awhile back, if I could supply a back glass and a radiator core for a 61 Lark that was being brought back to life in a nearby town. The car has set for some years after being involved in a disabling fender-bender with it's original, little ol' lady owner.

After being saved from the scrap heap by a mechanic sort, it's rear window was broken by vandals while the car waited for attention.

When I was being told by it's new owner, about his motives and interests in the car, it dawned on me that I probably remembered seeing this car - being driven by a silver-haired gal - in the early 90s - MAYBE even when I lived here briefly in 1982.
    I remember at least a couple of times - trying to intercept the Lark after having spotted it in traffic. I never was successful tho.

One thing I DID remember about it was that it wore a Switzer & Jordan license plate frame on it's rear plate. So as we were talking about the car and confirming that it WAS the one I remembered, that plate frame came to mind! I asked the fella if it was still on the car and he confirmed that it was. WOO-HOO! I said, how's 'bout we trade a radiator for that frame. Hah! Now it's mine! Color me ->

[img] http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/309061...zer-Jordan.jpg [/img]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

That's neat. Now if I could find a Fred Case Studebaker tag from Tulsa.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

That's great, Biggs. That's a great frame core to be rechromed by someone. Do you have a good plater?

Comment

Can you even replate that soft metal? It's got about the same melting temp as bismuth I'd be afraid it'd wind up in a puddle on the bottom of the tank...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

when I got my LARRY WRIGHT frames in 07 I painted them silver and red. They were on Baby when I drove her to South Bend. Had been looking for them for over 50 years. That was where I sold Studes in 55. Must have put on hundreds of them and never saved one.
          They had been haging on a garage wall in South Pasadena CA. Came up on ebay.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Hooray for Mr. Biggs! Must be just that much sweeter of a success after so many years.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have a Fred Case dealer emblem on the back of my 65 wagonaire.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

HMMM wonder what else he has to trade for a back window I have.

ChopStu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I have "Fred Case" nameplates(dealer emblems) for sale at $10.00 including shipping.
                  These are beautiful new nameplates.I will post a picture later.
                  Robert Kapteyn
                  studebaker@mac.com
                  112 Bissel Street
                  Joliet IL. 60432
                  815 722 7262

Comment

I'd be happy enough to find a Capitol Studebaker (Sacramento) plate frame. That or a North Sacramento Studebaker frame. I have a photo for Carr's Imports (and Studebaker)decal (Plant City, FL). I could probably have it printed up if I had to. I still haven't ordered the build sheet for the Commander so I have no idea where it came from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Ed, my Champ, had a Capitol frame on the rear when I got him. DMV insisted that the plates had to be removed and I had a devil of a time as the screws had rusted into place. The frame shattered the instant it parted from the plate. So, I glued it to the new front plate.

Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rkapteyn

I have "Fred Case" nameplates(dealer emblems) for sale at $10.00 including shipping.
                        These are beautiful new nameplates.I will post a picture later.
                        Robert Kapteyn
                        studebaker@mac.com
                        112 Bissel Street
                        Joliet IL. 60432
                        815 722 7262
                        Go ahead and post a picture. I sure am interested.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Working...
                        X