Ol' Stu's portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ol' Stu's portrait

Hoping some of you recall the Christmas story I shared here last month. As I said for the benefit of those who'd never read the tale, it was featured in TW a few years back.
    I also mentioned that I'd done a few illustrations for the story - a few of which did get printed with the story when it was in TW. There wasn't room for all the drawings tho.
    Yesterday I was going thru a file of my stuff and I came across this drawing I did that I don't think got published. It's actually a lot sharper a drawing than it appears here, but I'm wrestling with a new computer that naturally has ideas of it's own (Maybe I should name it HAL!)
    Anyway, I recall referencing the few frontal pics I could find of a '47 Land Cruiser to get this cartoon sorta technically correct. This particular drawing was to show Stu's alarm when he had his mettle tested by young Jake's heavy foot.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

That is a nice drawing, it would have went well with the story.

Dylan
    '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
    X