GNRS "Best Roadster " a Stude powered car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNRS "Best Roadster " a Stude powered car

The winner of Best Roadster" at the GNRS is a gold roadster with a "55 259 Stude engine

way cool!!

[quote]Originally posted by ceecab

The winner of Best Roadster" at the GNRS is a gold roadster with a "55 259 Stude engine

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

His wife drives a Stude powered C-dan...

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Good publicity is where you find it, I guess.

Chris Pile
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Really nice roadster, but we all know the prize really went to the Studebaker V8 in it.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

Nice hubcaps. Any other Stude pieces on it?

Comment

Let me ask what may be a stupid question, but I'm here to learn....

Is there a [u]technical</u> reason why they'd use a Stude engine over a SBC, Ford or MOPAR (aside from purely personal preference or to just be different)?

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Let me ask what may be a stupid question, but I'm here to learn....

Is there a [u]technical</u> reason why they'd use a Stude engine over a SBC, Ford or MOPAR (aside from purely personal preference or to just be different)?

There are many technical reasons NOT to use a Stude engine. Hard to find, expensive to rebuild. Large and heavy. Trans adapter normally needed. Not designed for big horsepower. etc.

They are used mainly because they are different, and different is cool right now. [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

He won, so he must know something. There were so many great cars there, how did they even narrow it down?.. conjecture.

Comment

Quite some years ago, I was given a lead on a '24 Stude roadster near here. I regret to say, I never followed up on it. What could be a more fitting marriage???[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Originally posted by ceecab

Awesome old kool look, did you get to see the details of the engine. Wonder how many people tried to guess the engine before reading the sign.

Comment

I have one in the plans myself. One of the reasons to use it is it is different. Mine is they are from Indiana, so am I. They are a good looking engine. They dress up nicely and have some cool things going for them, nice looking valve covers, solid cam, no timing chain. Parts are available. They are durable and do get decent power for their displacement. They sound good. They have an older look like the Olds and the Caddies.

Comment

As noted, his wife has a light blue 32 Ford, 2dr. sedan, also with a twin-two barrel Stude in it.
                          It's got a pair of my "lightly" ported heads on it.
                          Toms a good guy, they have a lot of fun around the So. (Mid.) Cal. area with their cars.

Mike

Comment

I wonder if those are a set of Mr Quinn's hubcaps.
                            Anyone know? I don't see them advertised anymore.
                            Are they all gone?

Comment

He stopped by my shop a couple years ago on his way back from Bonnivile and he was driving his 55 stude and his wife was in her blue ford. Great people. jay

Comment

Working...
                              X