Power Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Hawk

I had a call from a friend tonight talking about a Power Hawk, Studebaker made. I'm far from an expert, closer to a neophite, on Studebakers. What is the power hawk and the years made?

1956 only, fin-less coupe with a 259.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

My friend said it was a finless pre '55. Thanks for the reply, Was the power hawk a low price car? High price with super charger???

Comment

1956 Power Hawk has base model V8 259 2 bbl,and is a 2 door coupe, rubber rug, no.3 in a 4 hawk line-up, no fins.1956 Golden, 352 cu.in. Packard V8- Ultramatic auto. or Borg Warner 3 speed manual sometimes with overdrive. Fiberglass fins shaped differently than 57 thru 61 Hawks.1956 Sky, no fins. 289 cu. in. with Borg Warner Flightomatic. or 3 speed manual with overdrive optional. Both Sky and Golden= hard tops. No B pillar. Power, 259 cu.in. Flight= flathead 6. No fins either one.. Both pillared coupes. Sky, Power, Both available with Flightomatic or 3 speed manual with optional overdrive. Flight, Sky, and Power 1956 only. Golden Hawks 56-7-8. For 1957 and 58 only Silver and Golden Hawks were available and also a 1 year only 58 Packard Hawk. 57-58 GH models use 289 Suupercharged Stude V8. with Flightomatic or 3 speed manual with optional overdrive. 259-289 or flat head 6 cyl. equipped Hawks 56-59 used Flightomatic or Borg Warner 3 speed manual sometimes with overdrive option. All Hawks were available with TT, {positraction as an option} Are you confused yet? jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
        X