need a waterpump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a waterpump

my waterpump needs replaced on my 62 lark six.looking for a place to get one . anybody got an idea??????

Almost anywhere. Advance auto Parts for one -

Comment

Everyone has a 'best place'~ I'm lucky enough to have Family in the biz~
      no question as to who I'd call!!!

You could start here: http://www.studebakervendors.com/

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
      San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
      '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
      '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Ahh, so that's who Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts, and Murray's Discount Auto Parts stores, and the newly acquired O'Reiley's are known as in your neighborhood eh? Advance huh, never heard of that one! [:0] Man, CSK Corp. is getting HUGE!

Only problem with that listing is they show the same pump for cars & trucks and all years from '51 to '64! [xx(] ...NOT! And it's just a factory assembly line rebuilt unit.

We have NEW ones that FIT, for less than that! At studebakervendors.com

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Advance huh, never heard of that one! Man, CSK Corp. is getting HUGE!
          Advance has been around Richmond since I can remember. They moved into a new shopping center in 1957. I bought lot of stuff for my Studes there.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Cool down, StudeRich-

I understand you'd like to promote your business, but-

Advance Auto Parts (formerly Western Auto) has been around for 75 years and have 3200 stores, so they're not exactly new kids on the block.

No, they don't list the same pump for all years '51-'64. I didn't check all years but in fact they don't list any pump for '51 or '52, or for '63 or '64, so you're just plain wrong.

Yes, theirs is rebuilt by Cardone. I've bought lots of Cardone rebuilt stuff, and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact it's sometimes better than new with modern seals, etc.

I think it's a fine idea for people to support Studebaker specific vendors, but maybe he needs a water pump right now. Maybe he doesn't want to pay shipping charges. Maybe he'd like to buy from a guy who is his neighbor. Maybe he'd like a warranty which will get him a no-hassle replacement 5 minutes from home, or a no-questions asked return policy.

It's his choice. I just tried to help out.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Ahh, so that's who Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts, and Murray's Discount Auto Parts stores, and the newly acquired O'Reiley's are known as in your neighborhood eh? Advance huh, never heard of that one! [:0] Man, CSK Corp. is getting HUGE!

Only problem with that listing is they show the same pump for cars & trucks and all years from '51 to '64! [xx(] ...NOT! And it's just a factory assembly line rebuilt unit.

We have NEW ones that FIT, for less than that! At studebakervendors.com

Comment

I cleaned out all the rebuilt V8 pump from the Autozone warehouses.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jnormanh

Cool down, StudeRich- I understand you'd like to promote your business, but-
                No, they don't list the same pump for all years '51-'64. I didn't check all years but in fact they don't list any pump for '51 or '52, or for '63 or '64, so you're just plain wrong. It's his choice. I just tried to help out.
                Yeah- that's exactly what Dad just did~ and he did it by metioning the very same site (I provided a link) that lists his and all the other Stude vendors!!!

Fact check time~ (from the link in your first post)
                http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/ProductGuide.aspx?mfrcode=A1C&mfrpartnumber=58420

STUDEBAKER
                1951 - 1953 2R6
                1953 2R5
                1954 3R5
                1954 3R6
                1955 E5
                1956 - 1958 TRANSTAR
                1956 FLIGHT HAWK
                1957 - 1959 SILVER HAWK
                1954 - 1958 CHAMPION
                1958 - 1959 SCOTSMAN
                1959 - 1963 LARK
                1960 - 1964 CHAMP
                1960 - 1962 HAWK
                1964 DAYTONA
                1963 - 1964 GRAN
                1964 CHALLENGER
                1964 COMMANDER
                1964 CRUISER

Who is right [?] [?] [?]

Given the little bit of info we have on the needs of he who asked-
                Maybe you ought to chill a little bit, eh?

StudeDave '57 [8D]

edited for typos... [V]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

So what are you saying, the Advance water pump won't fit or work? Why so?

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Cool down, StudeRich- I understand you'd like to promote your business, but-
                  No, they don't list the same pump for all years '51-'64. I didn't check all years but in fact they don't list any pump for '51 or '52, or for '63 or '64, so you're just plain wrong. It's his choice. I just tried to help out.
                  Yeah- that's exactly what Dad just did~ and he did it by metioning the very same site (I provided a link) that lists his and all the other Stude vendors!!!

Fact check time~ (from the link in your first post)
                  http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/ProductGuide.aspx?mfrcode=A1C&mfrpartnumber=58420

STUDEBAKER
                  1951 - 1953 2R6
                  1953 2R5
                  1954 3R5
                  1954 3R6
                  1955 E5
                  1956 - 1958 TRANSTAR
                  1956 FLIGHT HAWK
                  1957 - 1959 SILVER HAWK
                  1954 - 1958 CHAMPION
                  1958 - 1959 SCOTSMAN
                  1959 - 1963 LARK
                  1960 - 1964 CHAMP
                  1960 - 1962 HAWK
                  1964 DAYTONA
                  1963 - 1964 GRAN
                  1964 CHALLENGER
                  1964 COMMANDER
                  1964 CRUISER

Who is right [?] [?] [?]

Given the little bit of info we have on the needs of he who asked-
                  Maybe you ought to chill a little bit, eh?

StudeDave '57 [8D]

edited for typos... [V]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Sir,

I am not sure where you obtained your information, but it is incorrect. Advance Auto was founded as a family business in Roanoke, VA over 75 years ago and has grown from 3 locations to being the second largest auto supplier in the country behind AutoZone. While they are now a publicly traded company, they are not owned by CSK Auto, Inc.

However, in the interest of keeping the record straight, they did have a joint venture with CSK to sell parts via the Internet called PartsAmerica. While as a kid I recall Advance Stores (as they were called) offering garden tool, housewares and appliances (ala Western Auto or Spotless Stores), their sole focus has been on auto parts the past 30+ years.

As a reminder, a small bit of research can often prevent an uninformed person from spreading misinformation.

Comment

I'm saying that you're wrong as to what years are listed for that part. Looks to me that it will~ but I'm just reading the same thing on the same site that you are. [:0]

Buy from a StudeVendor to be sure of what you're getting~
                      Or do the paperwork when you have to return it...
                      That's what else I'm saying.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I don't know where Advance gets their parts application/interchange information, but given that they sell millions and millions of parts, I'll bet it's correct.

Now about all the other miss-claims by StudeRich.........

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

I'm saying that you're wrong as to what years are listed for that part. Looks to me that it will~ but I'm just reading the same thing on the same site that you are. [:0]

Buy from a StudeVendor to be sure of what you're getting~
                        Or do the paperwork when you have to return it...
                        That's what else I'm saying.

StudeDave '57 [8D]

Comment

I don't know where Advance gets their parts application/interchange information, but given that they sell millions and millions of parts, I'll bet it's correct. Now about all the other miss-claims by StudeRich.........
                          You said~ "No, they don't list the same pump for all years '51-'64. I didn't check all years but in fact they don't list any pump for '51 or '52, or for '63 or '64, so you're just plain wrong."

I was correcting that info- using the link you gave. No harm done.

As for the rest- sometimes Dad is wrong~ it happens. [:0] You can't know everything about every corner of the US when you stay on one Coast or the other for most of your life. Collection Doctor has the answers there. Thanks.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Now about all the other miss-claims by StudeRich.........
                            Hold the phone here jnormanh, no body's hot about anything, as Dave noted I did not promote my business at all! Nor say anything bad about Advance. I merely mentioned I am ONE of many who have these parts and know enough NOT to list every model ever built from '51 to '64 taking the same pump #58420!

Now maybe if you call them or try to order it, you will have to I.D. the exact year and get a different one, but it sure does not look that way according to what I see there with that one number. Who knows.

Because we list 3 pumps to cover small 6's for those years and models of cars and trucks, there is NO WAY one size fits all!

Sorry that you misunderstood my intentions and everything else I said, but it happens every time someone says what they know and believe, someone else has a DIFFERENT opinion, and sometimes can't say it nicely, that's human nature, but it's still too bad!

I am not saying anything negative at all about this Advance whoever they are, from my 48 years dealing with these parts and Parts Stores here we have never had one on the West Coast, so I was just curious who they are and surprised that they are somehow "hooked up" with one everyone knows about! That's all! They can sell whatever they want, but on this particular part, no one will save anything by going to an aftermarket store paying new prices for rebuilt parts!
                            And Hawk will be making that decision. [^]

Peace brother!

StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                            X