GT Hawk FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk FS

I've listed the '63 GT Hawk I have for sale on the Swap Page. It's Ad#4985[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Hey, I'm an old club member but rather new to the forum. So my reaction to this post is ...WE HAVE A SWAP PAGE! and HOW DO I FIND IT?
    [img][/img]

John Clary
    Greer, SC
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John,

It's not an SDC official thing, but it's been around for ages.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I always forget to look there. I saw some real deals there - too bad I don't have that amount of storage

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
        53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Right on! claymore. I clicked that link using my old "hand crank" laptop and it froze it up so bad I had to re-boot! I'll wait until I can get enough energy to get to my computer room and desktop.

John Clary
          Greer, SC
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob, That GT sounds interesting. Could you be more specific about it running or not? Brakes? Can I drive it home to Sacramento? Just kidding about the last one.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

It does run, Sal. I rigged a little fuel tank to feed the carb (an incorrect GM 2bbl) and wired an ignition/start switch directly - avoiding the sorry-looking harness.
              Like this, it starts and runs quiet and smoke-free. I've driven it maybe all of 5 feet. This is because I need to either rebuild the sorry carb that's on it or dig out a proper Stromberg WW and put a kit in it.
              The shifter's sloppy, but it DOES try to pull itself in all the gears, it's just that you can't get rolling with the crappy carb that's now fitted.[xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
              X