X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 Avanti Sells

for $75K @ Mecum. Too bad, underpriced.

[?]

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Mecum? [?][?]
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Mecum Auction in Kissimee Florida, past 3 days. Televised Live on HDNET & on Internet.
        Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

'63 Corvette Z06 Gulf One sold for $1M+ Spent 5 minutes on the block, the Avanti 2 minutes. On the Internet as the bidding stalled, you heard the Auctioneer say that the seller wanted $80K, settled for the last bid of $75K. If the description was correct, the was worth six figures minimum. Anyone here know the car and the condition?

Comment

Good to know the ultra rare R3 Avantis are going for more realistic
          prices as compared to dime a dozen (by comparison) '69 COPO Camaros.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I think one of he 9 production Avanti's in similar shape might bring more.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Anybody catch who it was assigned too first? Asst. chief engineer Mr. H.T. Reynolds. Yes, that IS Ed Reynolds Father. My guess is, Ed had a ride or two in this one!!

Ed??

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

So who bought it?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nels

So who bought it?
                  Well, Nels; you're asking the question...so I guess that rules you out![:0] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Anybody catch who it was assigned too first? Asst. chief engineer Mr. H.T. Reynolds.
                    Actually his name and title is; Assistant to the Vice President, and Chief Engineer E.T. Reynolds!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I mean, who bought it at the auction.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Anybody catch who it was assigned too first? Asst. chief engineer Mr. H.T. Reynolds.
                      Actually; Assistant to the Vice President, and Chief Engineer E.T. Reynolds!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA

Comment

A collector from Naples Florida bought it. I did not get his name but was told that he has other Studebakers so at least the chances are better it will not go under cover with a Stude person owning it.

1957 Packard Clipper
                        1957 President Broadmoor
                        1963 Daytona Convertible
                        1963 R2 Daytona
                        1963 R2 GT Hawk
                        1963 R1 Wagonaire
                        1963 R4 Avanti
                        1964 Champ
                        1966 Cruiser

Comment

I put all the photos on one page. At the bottom are the pics I took during the auction, off my TV. The last one is the apparent buyer..... Anyone know her?

Here's a larger one,

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
                          55 President State Sedan
                          70 Avanti (R3)
                          64 GT Hawk (K7)
                          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

She might be the gal that bought the "one off factory show" 58 Golden Hawk for 45K about 10 years ago. It had GT Hawk bucket seats and other 62 Hawk add-on's. I exchanged some e-mails with her while she unsuccessfully sued the Kruse auction for fraud. She was from Florida and was rich.

JDP/Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

I don't believe she was the person buying the car. She was a "bidder". I watched the auction and she was getting confirmation from the buyer, as to increasing the amount. A reserve was set on the car at $80K. The seller removed the reserve when the bid reached $74K.

========================
                              63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                              Martinez, CA

Comment

Working...
                              X