slick street stuff interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick street stuff interiors

Anybody have experience with the aboves custom interior work. The website shows an interior that would look great in my 51 starlight custom. Need feedback as to quality and dependability.

You might have something mixed up. Rene Harger owns Slick Street Stuff, which is in TW every month selling suspension kits. Rene USED to own an interior business called Phantom Interiors. They are THE top Stude interior folks for correct, show-quality stuff; pricey though. I don't think Rene does interiors in his new venture; I could be wrong, though.

Our other interior supplier is Historic. Very nice but not exact for show purposes- but much cheaper, and still good stuff.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I spoke to Rene and he assured me he still does custom interiors
      quote:Originally posted by bams50

You might have something mixed up. Rene Harger owns Slick Street Stuff, which is in TW every month selling suspension kits. Rene USED to own an interior business called Phantom Interiors. They are THE top Stude interior folks for correct, show-quality stuff; pricey though. I don't think Rene does interiors in his new venture; I could be wrong, though.

Our other interior supplier is Historic. Very nice but not exact for show purposes- but much cheaper, and still good stuff.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I seem to recall ads in Turning Wheels showing custom door panels or something by those guys~ I've never seen them in person (as far as I know) though... sorry.

Don't they also have a website? I think they do.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Yes they do have a web site and they produce quite a bit for the custom studes. I nedd to know if anyone has used this stuff and will it be done in a timely fashion.
          quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

I seem to recall ads in Turning Wheels showing custom door panels or something by those guys~ I've never seen them in person (as far as I know) though... sorry.

Don't they also have a website? I think they do.

StudeDave '57 [8D]

Comment

When he owned Phantom he had a two or three month lead time on orders depending on how busy he was. Just ask, he is an honest guy about that estimate. Quality workmanship.
            For original stuff, years ago I bought door panels that were suppose to be made from original '60 vinyl material. They were not, not even close to the same grain. Didn't match my other stock interior vinyl at all; plain old pedestrian smooth vinyl. He made good on them. They used to have tons of factory correct vinyl. It was fun to see those huge rolls of '60 vinyl at Newman & Altman back in the day, but that stuff is mostly long gone now to other vendors, or in cars by now, I think. Have to see in May!

Shouldn't matter with custom stuff, if that's all he does now.

Comment

Working...
            X