This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Artwork

As a matter of fact, Leonard - I got an E-mail from that young lady today. It's the young gal's car - that's her dad/support crew in the driver's seat shot.
    I've met her and talked some about her car. She was at the Sacto meet in '03. She's told me the car's getting some engine work this winter so it'll be ready for the show circuit come spring.
    We've been discussing getting together with our wagons come next summer. Gotta be fun to have a blue & white and a pink & white together in the same frame! I'm hoping Art will be receptive for a cover shot of the two!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

As a matter of fact, Leonard - I got an E-mail from that young lady today. It's the young gal's car - that's her dad/support crew in the driver's seat shot.
    I've met her and talked some about her car. She was at the Sacto meet in '03. She's told me the car's getting some engine work this winter so it'll be ready for the show circuit come spring.
    We've been discussing getting together with our wagons come next summer. Gotta be fun to have a blue & white and a pink & white together in the same frame! I'm hoping Art will be receptive for a cover shot of the two!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Rare Artwork

I had the extreme pleasure of visiting with Frank Drumheller a couple of times in Omaha (not enough time, really). Frank was offereing some of his collection of Stude literature and artwork and I asked, kinda matter-of-factly if there was any other piece of lit about the 58 Provincial save for the 81/2"X11" loose leaf flyer that I've had for some years. To my surprize, there WERE 22X15 artists renderings done on most of the '58 lineup. These were meant for dealership walls, no doubt.
      Anyway, Frank allowed as how he had one at home that he'd be willing to part with and after the meet we came to terms over that piece and I ended up with it in my mailbox.
      Cheap-o that I be, I found a frame and mat at a garage sale today and did up the wagon picture as soon as I got home![]
      A bit of irony is that the car's depicted in the color scheme I'm doing ours in. White over light blue - just like the 58 Commander hordtop I once owned.
      The painting's interesting in that the artist took a few small liberties with it. He's painted the chrome "cuff" just above the back bumper as if it were a taillight. I guess I can give him that it MIGHT reflect the true taillight lens, but it seems doubtful to me. Also, on the fin, where it's supposed to carry the script that says "Provincial", it says "Studebaker".
      Still, I LOVE IT! It's gonna take some of what precious little wallspace there is left in this office. I know it'll be inspirational as far as getting myself cracking on the rendition that's out in the garage![:I] Thanks Frank!

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...2/DSC00016.JPG [/img]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Gotta be fun to have a blue & white and a pink & white together in the same frame! I'm hoping Art will be receptive for a cover shot of the two!
        Yes, that would be a great and unusual shot, for sure. I collect old snapshots of Studebakers (I have about 1,000 of them) and this one of two 58 sedans together is got to be another rare shot!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Gotta be fun to have a blue & white and a pink & white together in the same frame! I'm hoping Art will be receptive for a cover shot of the two!
          Yes, that would be a great and unusual shot, for sure. I collect old snapshots of Studebakers (I have about 1,000 of them) and this one of two 58 sedans together is got to be another rare shot!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Do you know this car(or these people) that is on Webshots?

Comment

Do you know this car(or these people) that is on Webshots?

Comment

Sure that's got to be "Pinky" she showed up at the International, I believe Sacramento '03 with her pink dress, pink hair and well ahh...custom paint job![:0][:0] OPPS, sorry, this out of sequence problem on the webpage messed me up again, didn't know Biggs' out of sequence post was an answer to Leonard's post! [V]

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sure that's got to be "Pinky" she showed up at the International, I believe Sacramento '03 with her pink dress, pink hair and well ahh...custom paint job![:0][:0] OPPS, sorry, this out of sequence problem on the webpage messed me up again, didn't know Biggs' out of sequence post was an answer to Leonard's post! [V]

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob; The '58 Wagon poster looks so much better in your hands then in my storage rack. It really looks nice in that frame. Thanks for showing it on the Forum. One never knows how far a comment or question can travel!

Frank Drumheller
                    Louisa, VA
                    '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                    '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck
                    & parts vehicles

Comment

Bob; The '58 Wagon poster looks so much better in your hands then in my storage rack. It really looks nice in that frame. Thanks for showing it on the Forum. One never knows how far a comment or question can travel!

Frank Drumheller
                      Louisa, VA
                      '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                      '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck
                      & parts vehicles

Comment

WOW Leonard, this brings back childhood memories of Michigan. I was born in Mich. and lived there till I was 10, and I remember they had Sealtest Dairy products there. Have not seen or heard of them since. Were they sold at "Pigly Wigly Grocery Stores"? We shopped there.
                        quote:Originally posted by lstude
                        [br

Leonard Shepherd
                        StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

WOW Leonard, this brings back childhood memories of Michigan. I was born in Mich. and lived there till I was 10, and I remember they had Sealtest Dairy products there. Have not seen or heard of them since. Were they sold at "Pigly Wigly Grocery Stores"? We shopped there.
                          quote:Originally posted by lstude
                          [br

Leonard Shepherd
                          StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Richard, I was a kid of Michigan myself. Where did you grow up at? (not that any of us have truly "grown up" by many folk's standards![)])
                            We have a dark brown Sealtest bottle on top of our old dry sink.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Richard, I was a kid of Michigan myself. Where did you grow up at? (not that any of us have truly "grown up" by many folk's standards![)])
                              We have a dark brown Sealtest bottle on top of our old dry sink.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X