Home paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home paint job

Well finally got the Wagonaire all one color, its temporary until I get it repainted Horizon Green
    Next is to paint the wheels off white instead of Red

I used krylon outdoor Metallic for the temp job, but I think it looks better than the 2 tone white gold combo

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

That's a big improvement! And I agree about the wheels- red wheels look great on lots of different cars and colors, but in your case I think changing to white will be much better[8D]

Looking forward to seeing it with the wheels "did"... nothing like others living vicariously through your work, eh?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

That's a big improvement! And I agree about the wheels- red wheels look great on lots of different cars and colors, but in your case I think changing to white will be much better[8D]

Looking forward to seeing it with the wheels "did"... nothing like others living vicariously through your work, eh?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I will probably do them tomorrow, as the fumes have me higher than a Kite[]

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

How many cans did it take? looks super

clonelark
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

How many cans did it take? looks super

clonelark
          5 cans [:0] It should last me until the summer then I will get it painted properly I also want to note that I picked the color to match the other gold metallic and I only painted from the moulding down, Id say its a pretty good match

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Looks alot better!

Dylan
            '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Shooowee cat, that looks sweet!!You shake a mean spray can.BTW, does Krylon come in Timberline Turquoise Metallic? LOL

Comment

I'll add extra kudos- doing a good job with spray-bombs is a lost art[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Johnny Bench would be PROUD! No drips, no runs and no errors. Great work.

Merritt Modzel
                  Western North Carolina
                  1961 Regal Lark VIII

Comment

Test on wheel color, i found a perfect match for this wacky interior so I had to try it out[]
                    I think off white will be in order

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

well the green was a bit over the top so I went with simple white

its starting to look more like a Studebaker

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That is looking GREAT. I think you've made all the right moves for that car. Good work![8D]

That roof rack looks awful on there, though. You should get rid of that immediately!

And remember, don't litter- you can just send that rack to me, so you don't have to contribute to landfill overfilling

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks Bam's
                          there was a very nice roof rack on ebay out of California for sale pretty cheap last week I think its still there I will check

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

JLV--

That looks terrific...and you remind me, refreshing the off-white on the wheels is another thing I need to do on my 62.

I like the Dub City-esque lowered version too...two-tone and all. Would make a sharp diecast, just as pictured...

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JLasvegas

there was a very nice roof rack on ebay out of California for sale pretty cheap last week I think its still there I will check

Wow, I look a couple times every day and didn't see it; but of course no search catches everything. If you find it I would be VERY interested!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X