Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A frustrating day that turned out well after all..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A frustrating day that turned out well after all..

I tried out the starters that Bob Peterson sent me today. One worked right off, the other didn't, which is okay as they were sent as parts anyway. So, I tried the working one on the Champ's engine with no success. I took the non-working one apart and was able to switch the jacket with the one on the 56's starter (it has a broken lead post). The post lead was broken on the part as well, however, this one was fixable. So, after mending the lead and assembling the starter, it worked beautifully! However, even the 56's starter wouldn't turn the Champ's motor. So, that's still a problem I have to look into. I installed the 56's starter on it's own motor and was able to get Bess' motor to turn over beautifully! It's been sitting on three jack-stands for months so I was a little concerned. I'm getting itchy to get a Stude going. Besides, I realllllly miss Bess.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Congratulations on getting Bess's motor running! We appreciate the advice you have sent our way...we'll keep you posted. Unfortunately, we can't offer you any advice in return, only lots of encouragement. Hang in there!

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Thanks! She's not running yet, just still turning over, though that's still excellent news in itself. Actually, mending Karl's starter wouldn't take any more time than it took me to fix Bess's. The trick is getting the part. Fortuneately the part is available from both Studebaker International and SASCO at a very reasonable price!

Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X