Marks Motors Portland, Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks Motors Portland, Oregon

Hi George here and I own a restored 57 Silverhawk that I found out left the South Bend Plant on July 2, 1957 and was delivered new to a Studebaker dealership known as Marks Motors in Portland, Oregon.

Question: Does anybody have any information on Marks Motors.?
    My vehicle identification number is 7207822 Sales order # P50 3
    Line number 278. Does anybody know how I could get a copy of the original new car sticker that was on the window or how I can find out whom purchased this car new in 1957. The factory order number is 70627. The day the oder was written for this car was 6/25/57 body number 8289

Advise

THank you

George

GeorgeMaier
    GeorgeMaier

Hi George--

Do a SEARCH on the forum (just above and to the right of LOGOUT on the screen) for "Marks Motors". There was an absolutely huge thread on Stude dealers recently including dozens of vintage photos; if Marks Motors was of any notable size at all, I'd be amazed if it didn't at least get mentioned there...Maybe try "Portland" too, since there's the chance the dealership could've had more than one name during the time it sold Studes.

Got any pix of the Hawk you can share?

S.

Comment

Yes, I can do the WPS for the '57 Silver Hawk. Sample form above. price is $42 postpaid. I just need your production order. I also have information on Marks Motors.

Richard Quinn
      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Hmmm... maybe I'd better head down to Portland and "reclaim" my lost dealership!! [:0][)]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
        http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Hello George, welcome to SDC and to the SDC Forum! You have a great car, in a '57 Silver Hawk, it's one of my most favorite Studebakers! [^]

I thought you should know that Window Price Stickers were not used before 1959, Richard's simulations are very nice, but not needed or correct because of that. That is not to say anyone will take off points at our car shows or make fun of it, it could be a nice touch. Just know they did not exist.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you Stude Rich all I would like to know is who bought this 57 Silverhawk It New from Marks Motors here is the production order from the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend that I purchased. However, It didn't tell me who bought it bran new in July 1957.

Date Order written June 25, 57
            Date to Ship July 1, 57
            Final assembly date July 2, 57.
            Sales order number P50 3
            Factory order number 70627
            Serial Vin # 7207822
            Body number 8289
            Line number 278

57H C3
            p5712 Apache The red color
            T5741Cch21
            OD TRANS
            SAFETY PADDED DASH
            Wet Air Cleaner
            Hill Holder
            670x15 4 WHT
            DX ST WHL
            AC 2750 XAC 2841
            Shipped by TA D&M Covoy Mixing rule which says the car was shipped from South bend plant by covoy truck to Portland.

Any other information would be very helpful from any body and I would be most greatful.

George Michael

GeorgeMaier
            GeorgeMaier

Comment

Working...
            X