Cruiser Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiser Alert

64V-Y9 1300 for sale in San Francisco: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1318

If I were anywhere in California I'd be all over this car. Sure hope someone who deserves it, gets it... [8D]

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

I was looking at that earlier, man that looks like a solid nice car, simple fix as well if its what he states

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

This would make for an AWESOME driver!!! What a shame to know it's been sitting for ten years. [:0] I'm sorta close, but I 've already got a 'new' driver (or two) waiting for me up at Dad's place!!!!
      No bids from me- have at it~ Bummer 'bout that head gasket though, eh? [V]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

And after sitting 10 years it needs brakes, hoses, PS hoses, a carb rebuild, tires, the fuel system cleaned out, etc., etc. Now don't get me wrong, most of that is easy to do, but I wonder if the seller has considered that in his reserve. I guess we shall see. Of course if your on the east cost, add another $1000 for shipping.

I do like the car though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I think he should give it away cause it has been sitting dormant for so long, otherwise it looks to be worth at least 3 grand. Nice car if you know what I mean. I've had 2 of 'em. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JGK 940

64V-Y9 1300 for sale in San Francisco: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1318
            If I were anywhere in California I'd be all over this car. Sure hope someone who deserves it, gets it... [8D]
            I have "enhanced" the very poor, dark pix, and it looks as if it has the broadcloth interior.

Also, it clearly doesn't have power or disc brakes and it may not even have power steering.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
            '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
            '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
            Museum R-4 engine
            1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
            1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

I think he should give it away cause it has been sitting dormant for so long, otherwise it looks to be worth at least 3 grand. Nice car if you know what I mean. I've had 2 of 'em. jimmijim
              Jim, I'm not suggesting he give it away. But the car will clearly need more than a head gasket to make it driveable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Darn, I'm on the wrong coast AGAIN!!Ah well........

Comment

I have "enhanced" the very poor, dark pix, and it looks as if it has the broadcloth interior.

Museum R-4 engine

[/quote]

I was thinking that was the broadcloth upholstery too. In '64, unlike '63, the seat pattern was the same as the standard Cruiser upholstery, just that the cloth material was broadcloth. Interesting.

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

The interior of this car does indicate a high level of care taken in the upkeep of this car. The shots of the floors indicate no rust whatsoever. The car seems to have been always garaged. Elsewise, those floors wouldn't look that good here in California. The sun and heat cooks the weather-seals and Windlace so that the doors leak badly in even a well-kept car. This one seems to have never been submitted to such decay. It would indeed be a good driver. In fact, I have a motor here to put in it. Ah, well... dream on... right?[][)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My current Stude sat for 22 years. 52,000 miles. GT Hawk. I had to go through the brakes and replaced all hoses and cyllinders and booster. Lines were rust free. I would say it was on it's second set of brake shoes. Of course I changed all the fluids and found the oil hose to the gauge leaking. Patched a hole in the muffler with some muffler patch that came in a tube. Autozone. 2 bucks. Worked for me. I highly recommend it to CASO'S. Small sized holes. I doub't you can use it to repair a highly deteriorated muffler. I drove the car for a few hundred miles. I think the Cruiser will make a nice affordable car without restoring it. Just doesn't need it. A survivor. Extremely nice entry level car and quite possibly a keeper, One of the more refined Studes I have owned was a 64 Cruiser. Great cars. Ask the man who owns one. If the Cruiser can be had for 3 grand or under I would say that the purchaser needs to posess the ability to do most of the work himself as to avoid being in too deep. On the other hand, possibly a mechanical idiot would not even find himself upside down with that car. Depends on the selling price. I would trust it to a Stude doctor only. It seems to be in order. I suspect that car to be worth no less than 3 grand and whatever the motor cost to fix plus incidentals. I'd say these cars in great condition are worth no less than 5 g's and probably more. Most people with nice ones tend to keep them. Thus the reason clean ones don't come up on e-bay too often. They are worth more to owners/seller than what most CASO's wan't to spend on one. Sometimes we are our worst enemies as far as market price is concerned. Personally I prefer the 4 dr's, especially in the Lark types. jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

By all means! It's always nice to droo... um, drea.... read about these finds. Don't forget pictures, even if you pick it up.[]

Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

This was the Cruiser I wanted.

This original condition Cruiser was being sold on eBay several years ago for the widow of the original owner (as I remember). Not perfect, but extremely nice. I was high bidder, but the reserve wasn't met (my proxy was about $1100 higher than the non-winning bid). Some [}][}][}] person approached the seller very shortly after it closed and offered her something over my bid and took the car.

Museum R-4 engine
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Beware of needs head gasket. Translation, it blew and two bores are full of water.

JDP/Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Beware of needs head gasket. Translation, it blew and two bores are full of water.
                              Exactly. I'd figure on replacing the engine. If it turns out OK, so much the better.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X