Loaded up in San Jose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loaded up in San Jose

The highpoint of the day was Andy's visit. Great to meet forum members in person [^]...and Andy brought donuts to boot! . Andy cruised down from San Francisco in his beautiful GT with an awesome family history. A VERY special car [8D].

Later in the day, my son and I loaded the Ute for the ride to the GNRS. Deb and I leave tomorrow for San Luis Obispo and our youngest daughter's place for a few days.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

The Kart is scaring me, but I'm sure you've figured out how to anchor it so it won't roll around too much, Dick. No room in front of the car, perpendicular? Looks like a beautiful trailer. Have a safe trip and great visit with the fam.

Comment

[:I] Aw shucks! Thanks for the kind words, Dick. The sentiment is completely mutual.
      I hope you didn't rub off any of that wet paint when loading.

Gentlemen, if you have the opportunity to see this vehicle in person (and meet its gracious owner), by all means do so. The photographs don't do it justice.[]

The more deeply you delve into the well-thought details, the more rewarding the experience. I spent the whole ride home geeking out on the speed parts alone...then the body design...then the interior...then the secret "trophy compartment" underneath...then back under the hood...perfect harmony! [^]

The topper was when I returned to SF and my wife requested a cruise down to Half Moon Bay for lunch...180 miles total training for "Drive Your Studebaker Day!"

July 4th has some big shoes to fill...

Andy
      62 GT

Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Dick I see you still got Bobs tires with you? I guess he figured a way for you to go out of your way to deliver them. Have a good trip and will see you there....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Great looking tow rig. Boats use pontoons on their side to keep from damaging the sides when tied down. Why not hang them over the car sides in your trailer to protect the cars doors and body panels from any shifting while driving.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Dick I see you still got Bobs tires with you? I guess he figured a way for you to go out of your way to deliver them. Have a good trip and will see you there....Bob
            I'll stop by Biggs' place on the way back from Pomona and deliver Will's tires.

C-YA at the show, Bob.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Best of luck, Dick!
              We know you're already a winner!

Chris Pile
              Midway Chapter SDC
              The Studebaker Special
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
              X