60 lark seat ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 lark seat ideas

I'm working on a 60 lark 2dr sedan with a floor shift. The car has an incorrect bench seat from an unkown source. I'm looking for ideas for a period correct looking bucket or individual bench. Anyone have any experiecne or ideas for front seats? I have a a pair of buckets from a late 80's or early 90's VW recaro seats. They actually are great feeling seats but don't quite look right. The also have a weird seat track that was actally welded into the floor of the VW. I went to the trouble of cutting these out. They are going to require quite a challenge to fabricate mounts that look right.
    I do have access to early hawk individual bench but I haven't confirmed the width to see if they'd fit.
    Thanks
    Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

'61-'64 Hawk, or other Lark buckets would be a bolt-in. You only need the correct transmission tunnel mount.

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I'm going to be using Camaro buckets (with the headrests removed) in my 60 Lark. Haven't made the brackets yet, but shouldn't be too hard. They are very comfy.

Reviving an early Lark
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Volvo seats!

If you have a Pick 'n' Pull in your area, root through the Volvo section. Volvo sedans are very close in size to Larks, and they have truly fine seats. Quite often I'll find 20 year old Volvo seats that are still in very presentable shape. Floor attachment varies by year, so you have to be creative, but that's true with ANY non-original seat.

And depending on the selection available, you can get fabric or leather upholstery, in several colors, some with bun-warmers, and all have recliners and adjustable lumbar support. And they are good seats if you are on the big side, too.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Here is a picture of the seats in my 61 Lark.They came out of a 73 Nova,but I swear they are actually 70 's Camaro seats because the covers I purchased from OPG were identical to said year Camaro.The console and floor shifter are out of a 68 Buick Skylark GS.I replaced the Buick emblem with a 61 Lark grill emblem. The back seat is a 65 Daytona with arm rest recovered in matching material as the fronts.The door panels I did myself with cardboards from Jim @ FBN Interiors and material from EZ Boy Rod Interiors. Arm rests are Stude,65 I think.

Comment

Rear seat .Sorry pic is bad!

Comment

Working...
            X