Fantastic survivor 63 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic survivor 63 Cruiser

Hard to imagine it's as low mileage and gorgeous as it is[] Anyone know the car?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Hard to imagine it's as low mileage and gorgeous as it is[] Anyone know the car?
    WOW WEE!! Look at that BROADCLOTH interior!!![^]

Craig

Comment

I've been drooling over this since I got home and did my nightly ebay search.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Man o'live! I love that car! '63 Cruiser with broadcloth is my all-time favorite four-door Studebaker.

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Bill Pressler
          Man o'live! I love that car! '63 Cruiser with broadcloth is my all-time favorite four-door Studebaker.

Maybe it was originally sold in Greenville, PA. [)]

Comment

Wow, that is amazing.[:0]

Dylan
            '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Does anyone know if that, or any, Stude broadcloth is being reproduced?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Does anyone know if that, or any, Stude broadcloth is being reproduced?
                Broadcloth is wool broadcloth. Nealy all good auto upholstery shops that recover vintage car seats will have it. The key is trying to find the EXACT color match that Studebaker used. That part will be more difficult.

Craig

Comment

I know I rag on 4-doors, but that car is nice. It will be interesting to see where the reserve is at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by bams50

Bob, At the SDC International Meet during July 1994 at Minneapolis there was a auction of Studebakers from the Ray Carron estate. Included was a low mileage 1963,4600 mls, with broadcloth. It brought $9600 at the time. Could this be the same vehicle ?

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                    MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Very Nice! The things you could possess with a little time, money and storage space... [][8)]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                      May 23 & 24, 2009?
                      </h5>
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Nice car. You know, I find it very interesting that this car with just five thousand miles more is so much more believable than the one in Minnesota last year with nine thousand miles on it. Both are in nearly identical condition and the same year. Actually, I think the car in Minnesota was in slightly better condition, if a bit dusty.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Wow, that is a STUNNER!
                          Beautiful color so fitting its era, broadcloth, and that PERFECT dash.
                          That one's as elegant a Lark-type I can imagine.[^]

Andy
                          62 GT

Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

That IS a very impressive Cruiser! You just never see one that nice and that original at the same time! [^]

It has a very rare option, Power Drum Brakes, also has AFB 4 Brl. Carb, Power Steering, Automatic etc. I am pretty sure it must be a 289, and it SHOULD be a dual exhaust car, but I can't see the left tailpipe. [:0]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nope that looks like a single exhaust. Normally dual exhaust would easily be seen poking out from under the driver's side but there doesn't appear to be anything there, except for a typical stock installment of the passenger side exhaust. I'll bet if there was an underside photo there would be a Y pipe under there. It would append to the "Anything Goes" mantra Studebaker had if it was ordered by the customer though that way [}].

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000145-1.jpg[/img=left][IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                              X