Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Almost) New Rockne has new owner

Hi there,

I'm new here. I live in central Switzerland and have several quite old cars, which I partially use for everydays transport. I'm not keen on sports cars, convertibles and so called "specials". But I love classic sedans as well as open tourers. So I was quite curious about a car which I found on the internet for sale. The lousy pictures gave me the impression that the car could still be in its original paint. So I drove yesterday to 200mls to Geneva and was heavily surprised...
    The car is a Rockne 75 four door sedan in original black paint, with complete golden pinstriping. The interior is made with a very heavy wool cloth which is in surprising good condition. Just one minor hole, which is easy to repair.
    The car is right hand driven and has a speedo with kilometer dial. It was imported to Switzerland from Uruguay around 1982. The speedo shows 06350 kilometers, which seems to be correct. Looking at the overall as-new condition of the car, I think that there are no hidden 100'000kms on the counter.
    Apparently someone in the recent past tried to start the car, but as the starter did not work, he disappeared with the starter. So I'm in need of a starter for a 1932 Rockne 75...and a wiperarm too.
    My intention is to conserve the original condition and just get the technical part running again, with all necessary care, of course. Finally it has to keep on being a low-mileage-car...

best regards from a happy Rockne-owner
    Oliver

Pictures, we need pictures!

Comment

I would lvoe to see hpotos of this find as well... In any event.... congratulations!

55 Commander

55 Commander Regal Coupe
      XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
      KARR (Knightrider)
      Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Welcome!

Is your Rockne on the Rockne Registry?
        If not, contact Larry Tholen here http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub....kne/rockne.htm

Good luck with your Rockne!

Chris Pile
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sounds pretty cool. Congrats on the find!

Dylan
          '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Hi there,

and many thanks. I still have to wait until next tuesday until I receive the car. In the meantime I start working on a homepage, where I will also show some pictures.

best regards,
            Oliver

Comment

I checked to make sure that there is a Swiss branch of the Notre Dame Alumni Club. Don't bother looking them up; once your car is touring around, they will look you up.

Congratulations on your rare find. You're about to become very popular!

Comment

Strange things happen on earth....

Twelve hours before delivery the car reappeared on an internet auction site. Today the seller told me some strange stories that he tried to call me at eleven in the night. The auction was set up at nine, so I have some minor doubts...
                However, I'm extremely careful when buying a prewar car, and I specially don't like smelly stories. So I retire. Have a look at ricardo.ch and seek for Rockne.

many thanks anyway,
                best regards
                Oliver from Switzerland

Comment

Working...
                X