Young people on the Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young people on the Forum...

Not that long ago, I was the youngest one on here at 18 years of age. I've noticed here recently that a few guys younger than me have joined up and started posting.

'Bout time. [8D] Glad to see all of you on here.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

I'm glad I'm not alone in my age group I absolutely hate it when people say classic cars will be a thing of the past when our generation comes up to the post...

If it ain't leakin it must be empty

Comment

Remember Matthew, any of us under the age of 50 are considered young on this board...[}]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Remember Matthew, any of us under the age of 50 are considered young on this board...[}]
        Thats why I love my local chapter, Im 38 and they all call me the "kid"

Good to see there are those much younger than I with an interest in these as well.

Comment

I'm 50 this April, but they tell me the wind chill makes it feel like 19.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
          Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt
          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm one of the older ones and it is great the see the younger people showing an interest in Studebakers.

A couple years ago our chapter suggested donating Turning Wheels subscriptions to High School libraries where younger people could get informed about Studebakers and the SDC. Our chapter has donated several subscriptions and some of the club members have made donations on their own.

This program in still available. For $19.95 per year a club or club member can give a "Non Voting Subscription" to a library in the hope of interesting younger people in our love of the Studebakers. We have made up labels that go over the address label on the magazine saying it was donated by our club and the label also provides contact information.

Comment

Before buying my trucks I read both this forum and the truck forum for quite some time. I was happy to see that very rarely I came across what some might call a purists squashing a younger generations ideas on what to do with a Studebaker. That has been such a rare exception in my experience that it has done away with the rumors I had heard stating the opposite. I am 34 but have felt welcomed like I have been at this Stude game along with the rest for many years. I appreciate all the help and advice I have received and it gives me hope that others will receive the same. That ensures that more Studebakers will be kept on the road and out of the crusher.

Matthew, you have been one who has made me feel welcomed and I thank you for that!

1953 2R5 frame off in progress and 1954 3R6 driver.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Bueling

I'm one of the older ones and it is great the see the younger people showing an interest in Studebakers.

A couple years ago our chapter suggested donating Turning Wheels subscriptions to High School libraries where younger people could get informed about Studebakers and the SDC. Our chapter has donated several subscriptions and some of the club members have made donations on their own.

This program in still available. For $19.95 per year a club or club member can give a "Non Voting Subscription" to a library in the hope of interesting younger people in our love of the Studebakers. We have made up labels that go over the address label on the magazine saying it was donated by our club and the label also provides contact information.
                Have you had any real world feed back from this effort? Not that you would expect instant results, just wondered if anyone around town (i.e. the school childrens parents) had mentioned there children talking about Studebakers. Neat idea.
                I used to have a shop teacher that would bring in an old car from time to time to demonstrate older technology V.S. newer. Made a lasting impression. Just not the make he brought in. F*** Model A

ChopStu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by utahstudebaker

I was happy to see that very rarely I came across what some might call a purists squashing a younger generations ideas on what to do with a Studebaker.

1953 2R5 frame off in progress and 1954 3R6 driver.
                  It worries me a lot more what the older guys do customizing their Studes. Young minds wander and dream, old minds....well, it just makes me wonder. [:0]

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I have felt very welcomed here as well. When i go to car shows + other automotive events i feel unwelcome... people seem to think all us young un's are a bunck of hoolagins there to cause trouble. I'd like to thank all th members on the forum for the positive attitude you guys exhibit toward me. I don't get that often... It's like the forum here is just one big family of Stude crazy folks

You can't Spell Studebaker without STUD!

Comment

Yep, one crazy family.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I too feel welcome here, and I agree with American Lead about it being like a big family. Now if I could get some of my teenage friends to stop critisizing studes life would be perfect.

Dylan
                        '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                        Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

I too feel welcome here, and I agree with American Lead about it being like a big family. Now if I could get some of my teenage friends to stop critisizing studes life would be perfect.
                          Just take them for a ride in a good V-8 Studebaker- they'll shut up.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                          Museum R-4 engine
                          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

ha just think their v-tech is the same size as a bottle of pop

You can't Spell Studebaker without STUD!

Comment

They'll get a ride in it, once I get a license.

Dylan
                              '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                              Dylan Wills
                              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                              X