found this picture on another forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found this picture on another forum

and thought it needed to be bere at home!!!!!!!!

i couldnt get the picture to load right sooo heres the link!! i think yall will like it

Quite cool, thank you for the post.
    Wonder where the "62" National winner is today?
    55 Commander Regal Coupe
    XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
    KARR (Knightrider)
    Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

im prolly wrong but isnt the 62 the chicken hawk??? forgive me if i am wrong

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Desert Explorer

Quite cool, thank you for the post.
        Wonder where the "62" National winner is today?
        That's an easily-answered question: It (The Chicken Hawk) is still in the garage of the fellow who was crouched by it when that photo was taken in the fall of 1962: Ted Harbit!

In fact, Ted's love affair with that car predates that of his love affair with Mary Ann by about 4 years. (See Page 10 of the March 1996 Turning Wheels.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

thats awesome hey bob what year was his teachers pet? i think it predates the bullet nose cars well in the racing career any ways

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gassedbaker

thats awesome hey bob what year was his teachers pet? i think it predates the bullet nose cars well in the racing career any ways
            Yancey, you've been doing some Ted Harbit research if you know about Teacher's Pet! That was Ted's 1951 Commander convertible, the first Studebaker he drag-raced seriously. He first raced Teacher's Pet in the late 1950s; the specific day having been lost to history.

But Teacher's Pet was runner-up in class at The 1961 NHRA National Drags at Indianapolis Raceway Park. That's when Ted decided he needed a lighter 1951 Studebaker Commander that would just "break" into his class by weight, and a Starlight Coupe was it.

Ergo: A greenish, forelorn, $30 ugly ducking 1951 Commander Starlight was hatched on Lloyd Harbit's farm in early 1962. Lloyd's son, midwife Ted, christened the little creature The Chicken Hawk...and the rest, as they say, is history.

Fresh off the farm, The Chicken Hawk slaughtered the 1949-1950 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 pigs at the 1962 NHRA National Drags and subsequently "brought home the bacon" in the form of Ted's first NHRA Nationals win a couple weeks before the photo you posted was taken. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

thanks bob
              i have been known to do a lil history research in the matters of indiana car clubs and drag racers. if ya was at the show last year you seen some of my research

Comment

Working...
              X