Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude content found on Airliners.net- seriously!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude content found on Airliners.net- seriously!!

Belieive it or not- I visit other online Forums besides this one. [:0]
    I missed it, but sometime yesterday this thread popped up~

Of course- we all knew the answer already!!! You gotta give those aviation guys some credit~- it didn't take them long to find the answer~ with pictures, even!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
    San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
    '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

I find myself on other forums also due to widely varied intrests[:I] it is always cool when they cross over. I have seen Australian cars(even non stude makes) here from time to time, and that is one of my cross intrests.

I was vaguely aware of this conection, but learning more reading the thread....... Thank you for sharing!
    55 Commander Regal Coupe
    XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
    KARR (Knightrider)
    Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Hey, it's no biggie, I peruse the Trains.com forum as well. There's of course some crossing due to the Roanoke Station and the Pennsylvania Class Q, S, and T steam engines(oh and the GG-1). Usually though the focus is the length of service, technical specifications, performance of the engine(both in prototype and in model. form), and what they were used for, rather than who drew them up.

As an addendum, people love the model Pennsy steam engines(the Broadway Limited engine, Lordy that's a piece). The performance aspect of the prototype, not so much, as the engine apparently had slippage problems out the rear.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000145-1.jpg[/img=left][IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I grew up in New Jersey a block from the Pennsylvania main line that went between Newark & the shore cities & have always had a fondness for the GG-1, unaware of the Raymond Loewy connection untill a couple years ago!! Its no wonder that I loved that engine!!

60 Lark convertible
        61 Champ
        62 Daytona convertible
        63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2)
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X