2nd UPDATE-- need more pieces for '57 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd UPDATE-- need more pieces for '57 Silver Hawk

UPDATE! Just got off the phone with the Silver Hawk owner and he needs to track down a couple more pieces. He needs the parking lamp that sits on top of the fender (missing) and the drivers side grille and surround--the pot metal is all busted up. I have no idea how rare or valuable these pieces are, but he's looking for nice "driver" quality stuff if possible.

AGAIN--if any of you have these pieces and want to sell them, that would be GREAT! Or, if you could point me in the right direction.

Have a buddy who is getting a '57 Silver Hawk (was a 6, converting to 289/ 4 speed) back on the road.

I have offered to straighten and polish all of the stainless for him. I am good at this, but painfully slow. He saw the satinless trim I restored for my '56 and with a little begging I agreed to to the same for his Hawk. Oh, and he's going to intstall the headliner and door panels and windlace and all that junk on my '56 (or at least help me with it).

Anyway, on pice of stainless is twisted and torn beyond my capabilities--the left front fender stainless moulding. I assume the left and right mouldings are the same.

So, does anyone out there have a '57 Silver Hawk front fender moulding they want to sell? It doesn't have to be perfect, but the straighter the better, of course!

Or if any of you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!

Hmmmmm is the 57 GoldenHawk the same?
    yes they are the same.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Should be.

Comment

Allan, I emailed you off forum. Let me know if you still need the part.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Allan, I emailed you off forum. Let me know if you still need the part.

sals54
          THANKS, SAL!!

Can't get to that email until tomorrow, but I DO need the part!

Comment

Allan, if not I know someone with them, too.

Comment

This is the piece have. I don't know if its the correct style for your application. Just drop me a line if its what you need. Its in very good shape.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

This is the piece have. I don't know if its the correct style for your application. Just drop me a line if its what you need. Its in very good shape.

sals54
                I will not see the car again until Saturday when I go to strip all of the stainless off the car--I told the owner not to touch it because I have seen for myself what happens when folks think they can take a screwdriver and quickly pop off trim and/or remove glass!

I will have to confirm that this is correct then. Unless someone here KNOWS this to be the right one and will chime in before Saturday.

Comment

If that piece is the right length for a Hawk front fender, then it is a '59-'61 Hawk, since it is concave. '56-'58 Hawks are rounded convex and also wider.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Some/most 56 Hawk front fender pieces were made with a curve so there is a right and a left.
                    57 and 58 pieces are straight and therefore ambifenderous.

I don't recall a distinction made in the parts book between 56,7 & 8 on the part numbers.

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
                    sigpic
                    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

"I will not see the car again until Saturday when I go to strip all of the stainless off the car--I told the owner not to touch it because I have seen for myself what happens when folks think they can take a screwdriver and quickly pop off trim and/or remove glass!"

I know what you mean about removal. I personally use a large pry bar to get enough leverage. Then, once I get the first clip out, I just grab the piece and tear it off the rest of the way by brute force. Torches and hammers if necessary. JK

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

I know what you mean about removal. I personally use a large pry bar to get enough leverage. Then, once I get the first clip out, I just grab the piece and tear it off the rest of the way by brute force. Torches and hammers if necessary. JK

sals54
                        If you have an air chisel, they work pretty good too . . .

Comment

Good call, I haven't used my chisel in years. Better get back in practice.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

someone has been busy surfing the internet for proper ways of removing trim. I'm in.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

OK here's a pic of the fender moulding. Not the same as Sal's. Is this what you have, Anne? If so, please consider it SOLD! THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X