Matthew I saw this today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew I saw this today

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Seems like we are riding with you in the Pumpkin.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

That was kind of cool..[8D]

Comment

You'll be glad to know that I was driving to the shop to grease those squeaky wiper arms.

[)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That is pretty cool and creative.

Dylan
        '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Hey, that reminds me... how is the Pumpkin's refresh coming along[?]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
          May 23 & 24, 2009?
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

The orange truck is driveable as is. Still needs paint and some other odd ball things. Been quite some time since I've messed with it. [:I]

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

The orange truck is driveable as is. Still needs paint and some other odd ball things. Been quite some time since I've messed with it. [:I]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Yeah well... those things happen when you have a "flock" instead of 1.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009?
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Matthew
                How did you run your camera? I noticed that it appeared that there wasn't anyone else in the truck when you panned over to the passenger side, unless the camera operator was sitting very close to the driver[?] Regardless its a good first-person perspective.
                Its a neat video and good audio, too. I really enjoyed the sound of that old truck winding up in each gear. the shifts sounded smooth, too.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
                Holdrege NE
                John
                1950 Champion
                W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                Holdrege NE

Comment

Mark, you're exactly right. It's tough having more Studes around than you can count. [}]

Lothar, I was holding the camera in my left hand, steering at the same time.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

You must have been shifting the same way I did when I was in high school dating......

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Matthew,

I enjoyed your video. I had a chance years ago to make one while driving my convertible around the race course for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in Pittsburgh. I was by myself, naturally had the top down, and had this big old video camera perched on my left shoulder. It was a hoot trying to negotiate the turns on the road course, going up and down some fairly steep grades, shifting gears with the 4 speed, while doing a parade lap in a line of vintage cars. I could hear laughter and applause at the same time from the race fans along the way.

But a word of caution -- lose the fuzzy dice if you ever bring the truck to Pennsylvania. It is a Vehicle Code violation to have anything hanging from the rear view mirror while the vehicle is being driven. Not that this is very well enforced. I see all manner of things dangling from mirrors everyday. However, there is one local community near Pittsburgh that for whatever reasons seems to make an issue of this.

Their local police will pull you over if you have anything, even a Handicap Placard, hanging from your mirror. Imagine how easy it is to pull out of the grocery store's parking lot and forget to pull it down. Bummer!

Comment

Nice videos, Matt. (Did you post them just to make us snowbelt guys jealous?) BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Must be nice to have a truck with electric wipers![:0] All the ones I used to have had vacuum wipers.[xx(] Looks good, sounds good.

Dan Miller
                          Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                          Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Well guys, that video is about a year old. The fuzzy dice are long gone, they were only used to further embarras my sister when I took her to school everyday. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey that was really fun, almost like riding along in your hometown..... Thanks Matt

I got a buddy pulled over for filming out the window, it was a RHD car, from Australia, and I was sitting in the passenger seat.......... He thought the guy driving was filming and pulled us over for "inattention to driving".......... couldent write the ticket though because I was NOT driving!

55 Commander

55 Commander Regal Coupe
                              XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
                              KARR (Knightrider)
                              Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Working...
                              X