Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my production order information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my production order information?

It took me 4 weeks to get my factory production order. As I read down the line, I did not understand some of the information. Can someone explain the topic Paint No. and Color: It tells me that my car paint no. and color is 2329 R10. Also, I looked at topic Trim No. It states, " 7629 CG CL." I spoke to Carl at Studebaker West. Carl had no idea what this meant. Does someone out there know what this all mean? Please advise. Also, I looked at topic Model and body type: It states, "10G-Q2 Bunt." What is Bunt?

What type vehicle and year are we talking about? That would be a start. Some of the codes are factory codes that mean something on the line and others tell you the original color and trim levels. If you can scan it and post it, some here are very good at wittling the codes down to an understanding level.

Comment

10G-Q2 should indicate a 1951 Champion Regal Coupe

Comment

Roy, If I may ask,was your production order just a photocopied sheet of paper (like my '65)or was it on a 5"x7" colored sheet with multiple copies (like my '66)?The latter is more legible and more professional looking.Just a question. No biggie.

Comment

2329 is the combination of Rio Green body with Sahara Sand wheels.
          I think (not certain) that CG is 'Cloister Gray', and CL is 'Cloth'.
          10G is the model number of all 1951 Champions. Q is the body type, Business Coupe in this case. 2 is the trim level, which for the Q body is Regal trim.
          Oops! Almost forgot 'Bunt'. That is a code word used on factory orders and in telegrams. It gives a brief description of the car, telling model, body style, trim level, transmission. Each combination used a different word.

[img][img]
          Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hello again, I have a 1951 Bus. coupe. The information that came was 5"x7" colored sheet with multiple copies. It took me only 4 weeks to get this information. . Also, I would like to thank Dwain G. You were right on the money. I was told that this bus. coupe was unique in that it was ordered with an automatic. I guess that the sales person fell asleep. I have a 259 motor rebuilt for this car. Motor built by Randy Varozza. Randy has been building studebakers motors when he was working for his father who owned a Studebaker Dealership in Placerville, Ca. Randy started rebuilding motors since he was 16 years old. His son is Jake 4 x4.

Comment

I have a 51 business coupe also,Q-4 #2233 of 2429, 3-spd O.D. was sold by a Stude dealer in Morrilton Arkansas. a very solid car.

Clonelark
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

My 51 bus. coupe was 233rd car built.

Comment

Working...
                X