Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January TW

Happy New Year to this entire bunch!

Now that year end celebrations are winding down some of you will be wondering where your Turning Wheels went.

The January issue will cover the Lancaster International Meet and it's a BIG issue.

It will be late in arriving in your mailbox for several reasons:
    1. editors attending Lancaster lost 3 weeks of work time (but it's the only vacation we get)
    2. Christmas season slows down not only mail delivery but business schedules as well
    3. A problem with the official meet photos took an inordinate amount of time to correct

Don't be surprised if your January TW arrives 2 weeks later than usual. We apologize for the unintended delay. Hopefully the February issue will be back on its regular schedule (we're working on it now).

Art

Always worth waiting for Art

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for the head's up Art [^]... maybe Air Canada should hire you as a "communications consultant"! [}]
      Have a great New Year. [8D]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Art, Thanks for the heads up! I posted your note on the Big 6 River Bend Chapter website (www.big6sdc.com)to let my folks know.

duane miller

Comment

Thanks for your exceptionally attentive hard work, Art. We've discussed the Meet photo problems at length here, so no need to apologize for the holiday season tardiness as well. It's always a great annual issue and all of you involved are to be commended for making it truly enjoyable to every member, internationally.

IMHO anyone whom finds it necessary to go out of their way to complain to those of you working diligently on our TW is a serious PITA and needs to count their blessings that it's not fifty bucks a year and need to get a life. There are methods by which to get them faster and not beat up. Pop for that (not that I do) or stifle the whining! [}]

Oh yeah.. happy 2009.

Comment

Art,
            Thank you for letting us know. I've been watching my mailbox for a number of days, looking for my treasured "Turning Wheels". It usually arrives the last week of each month.
            Now, I can rest easy knowing full well that it's on the way.
            A very Happy New Year to you and Ann.
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

WOW! That's wonderful news! Thank you Art. Now I won't have to read teasers from people who get theirs 2 weeks before I get mine. And no, that is NOT a complaint. I know I pay for slow mail. What a relief to know I'll get mine the same time as everyone else. (this is a humorous comment, not a complaint). Except for the part about the teasers.......

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

when can you typically order a copy/back issue of this particular month?
                Edited to state thanks for the offers on the January issue. And the NEW membership should be complete tomorrow.

My membership isn't completed

ChopStu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Art, Thanks for all you do. I have to tell you that one of the best little stories I ever read was one you did many years ago about driving your Avanti. I think you were racing a Corvette and took a turn so fast the rear end came around on you. It was great reading. Maybe you could post it for those who have never seen it.

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

To Chop Stu:

Email me your snail mail address and I will personally
                    send you a copy.

Comment

sals54:

First I would have to find that story. I was thinking about
                      doing a collection of stories but think of all the typing
                      if I can find all the originals.

I'm reminded of that quote I read somewhere:
                      "I like being a writer; what I hate is all the paperwork."

Comment

Hey, if anybody wants to complain, let them try to run the thing. When I first joined SDC, I would occasionally complain about things. After a couple of stints in positions of responsibility, I have NO complaints. I also found that the best way to become the loneliest member of my local chapter is to become the News Letter Editor! I deeply appreciate all those willing to serve.
                        [img][/img]

John Clary
                        Greer, SC
                        SDC member since 1975
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John,

Yup, newsletter editor has got to be the loneliest member of the group!!! I've edited on and off for 40 years in two major clubs, SDC and NCCA, no difference. Currently editing one Studie letter, signed--"only the lonely"!

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
                          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Art, I too would like to thank you for all you do for us. Turning Wheels is one of the best "marque" publications I have seen. I enjoy it very much. I will send out an email to our membership to let them know that the TW may be a bit late.

Again, thanks a lot.

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...