Some assembly required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some assembly required

When I dismantled my 1950 Champion over the past several months I took lots of pictures and drew sketches as well as bagging and labeling all the pieces of the car. I have a shop manual and for the most part, this is serving me quite well. However, in a couple of instances I would like to see a more detailed exploded view. I feel sure that there is such a book or manual but am not sure what it is called nor where to purchase or borrow on. Is there anywhere on the internet that shows exploded views of various parts of the car?

Thanks for your help.

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana

The parts books (one for body, and one for chassis) for your model will include exploded views of most assemblies and can be quite handy for figuring out which way a bolt goes or in which order parts should be reassembled. They're available in reprint from many vendors and some are available on CD. Originals (already well-used for guilt-free use in the garage) come up on ebay and are in plentiful supply at Stude meets. I find the hard copy to be me more useful unless you have a computer and printer in your garage.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

The parts books also identify all the parts of an assembly and whether some patrs are missing or have been substituted - ie lock washers for shakeproof washers or none at all etc. Thought that was worth adding, Skip.

Comment

Skip-
        Thank you for the information.
        Have a Happy New Year!

Jimmie
        Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

The parts books (one for body, and one for chassis) for your model will include exploded views of most assemblies and can be quite handy for figuring out which way a bolt goes or in which order parts should be reassembled. They're available in reprint from many vendors and some are available on CD. Originals (already well-used for guilt-free use in the garage) come up on ebay and are in plentiful supply at Stude meets. I find the hard copy to be me more useful unless you have a computer and printer in your garage.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC

sigpicJimmie
        Orange County, Indiana

Comment

WCP-
          Thanks for the information-I had not thought about the advantage in regard to possible substitutions, just in terms of reassembly.
          Jimmie
          Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by WCP

The parts books also identify all the parts of an assembly and whether some patrs are missing or have been substituted - ie lock washers for shakeproof washers or none at all etc. Thought that was worth adding, Skip.

sigpicJimmie
          Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Working...
          X