Manually shifting a FOM - first gear start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually shifting a FOM - first gear start

Been re reading all the first gear start info on the FOM here. I've been thinking about the possible conversion. In one of the many posts I read Jeff Rice (DEEPNHOCK) mentioned the LDL dance.

After a reply to one of my YouTube videos on this matter. I realized that I had a demo of it. I have done on all my FOM's every shift every time for over 20 yrs. The shifts in the video are at 5,000 rpm's. Thought that I would share it here.

Hope I don't end up with corporal tunnel caused from a FOM. [:0]

Enjoy,
    Gordon

Fun video to watch Gordon, you're Lark sounds mighty strong at five grand!

I like to exercise the FOM'S in my 62 Lark Regal and 64 Cruiser in the manner.

Bill

Comment

Was that a 19 second run?

Comment

Hey billslark
        The Lark is alot of fun to drive.

Buddymander, The Lark isn't that slow.[B)] I had my daughter with me. It was probably a mid 16's run with her in the car and not launching real hard. It usually runs a low 15 with 3:31 in the rear. I'm working with her on the transition from a Jr Dragster to running the Lark.
        She will be 16 next month.

Gordon

Comment

What exhaust are you running on that sweet lark

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
          259cid flight o matic

Comment

I was just trying to guess using the Youtube timer. It did sound pretty good. I figured you weren't running it very hard because I didn't see the camera action getting too crazy.

Comment

ours was the first video I listened to on my new PC with the fancy speaker system- startled the bejeebers out of me when the subwoofer kicked in![:0] What a great sound- the word that came to mind at idle was sinister[8D]

Thanks for sharing!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X