Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Stude that started it all (From stude racing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stude that started it all (From stude racing)

Here is a neat artical from the Stude racing site.[8D]

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I went to the studebaker racing forum, because I could answer a lot of the questions that were asked. But they don't seem to want new people on there. If any one is interested in my information you can email me with a phone # and I will be happy to give the information.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

That's a cool article. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a similar modification that popped up on Flickr when searching terms "Studebaker" and "Bonneville"

Dick, the "hospitality" of other online communities makes one really appreciate this one, for sure.

Andy
        62 GT

Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Dick, I would say that Sonny would get bent if he read your response. Everyone that is into Stude racing is welcome over there, although a few are slightly opinionated.

Comment

That Yellow no. 749 is breathtaking. If I were to modify my 54 Coupe, it would have to take on this style. That is just an incredible looking machine.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Belmont Sanchez became a Studebaker dealer in Long Beach. His dealer modified 1955 convertibles were featured in May '55 Motor Life and Jan. '76 Turning Wheels.

[img][img]
              Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The Sanchez car looks to be a sedan body, look how long the rear side window is compared to the yellow car. Or maybe they used a sedan top when they put the chopped top back on.Also look at the rear wheel well. It looks taller at the top of the well on the Sanchez car. If you were to put those louvers on the yellow car they would be into the wheel well lip. Just my observation.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Clone, I believe your observation is 100% correct. jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

In the second picture down on the link,
                    what kind of front bumper is that?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

How ugly. I hope they did not butcher a 63 Avanti for this eyesore.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Clemens

I went to the studebaker racing forum, because I could answer a lot of the questions that were asked. But they don't seem to want new people on there. If any one is interested in my information you can email me with a phone # and I will be happy to give the information.

I also went there and was told i was banned then i dropped all the extras and just went straight to thier home site. Then you can join from there. http://racingstudebakers.com/

Hey they're race car folks! Find me one who isn't opinionated.

Comment

Dwain; The Sanchez Studebaker owner was Belmont's father. Some body said something about him getting in the car. Impossible, we called him Beachball because he was very big and round. Most of the records set with the car were set by Joe locosta. The told the story about when Joe went down the salt on the top, he took the time to clean out the fuel injecters befor he shut the engine off. I have a lot more info about Belmont and a lot of others of that time period. I lived it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Alan

Dick, I would say that Sonny would get bent if he read your response. Everyone that is into Stude racing is welcome over there, although a few are slightly opinionated.
                            Thanks AJ. I'm not bent at all, just a tad stunned, never heard that before, had no idea that someone felt that way. Since I started the forums, about 5 years, I've never turned anyone away or intentionally put someone off the forums, never. Hell, never even had to "raise my voice" there. We have 309 registered users and 14,391 posts, as of this minute..

Anyway, ANYone who is interested in high performance Studebakering, or NOT, is completely, without ANY obligation, totally welcome on Racing Studebakers. Heck, I've worked very hard to promote the site in that manner. A fella doesn't even have to join, just enjoy. In fact, I try to welcome each new member and tell them to just jump right on in there and post ANYthing useful, informative, interesting, thought provoking, or just a plain ol' narrative that would get everyone chewin-the-stick. True, I just can't write each & every new member, but trust me, I try.

I think the racing forums have illuminated and hashed out some pretty darn good subjects, awesome information, actually useful to those not even interested in high performance. As any forum, yep, we do have a couple of opinionated members, but they're members here too and are gentlemen 99.8% of the time.

Hope nobody else feels like that.. If so, [u]please</u> contact me personally and I'll do my darnedest to fix it!

Sonny
                            http://RacingStudebakers.com
                            Sonny

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Clemens

Dick, I'm truly sorry that you feel like that. I'd like a chance to correct the problem(s). I truly had no idea as you've never contacted me about this. Please contact me personally and I will make EVERY effort to correct this. Thanks in advance!

Sonny
                              Sonny

Comment

Working...
                              X