Saw a Stude in a MOVIE YESTERDAY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Stude in a MOVIE YESTERDAY!!!!!

I live in York, SC and late last year a film was made in our county and a few shots were made here in York at the court house, so, I wanted to see the movie, but as I always do when the movie is set in the 50's is actually look in the background for the cars. WELL... I was suprised when I got a glimps of I think a 55 speedster. Twotone blue. As the movie continued the speedster was in a scene where the lady driving pulled up to a lake and was pointed down hill into the lake. I bet the owner of the car if he was on the set was very nervous during this shoot, because I know I was. So, does anyone know who ownes the car? If so what kind of perks did he get for letting them use the car? The name of the movie is Walker Payne. Check it out, the story line was ok, but the cars were better....

Domenic Manera
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745

quote:Originally posted by studehunter

I live in York, SC and late last year a film was made in our county and a few shots were made here in York at the court house, so, I wanted to see the movie, but as I always do when the movie is set in the 50's is actually look in the background for the cars. WELL... I was suprised when I got a glimps of I think a 55 speedster. Twotone blue. As the movie continued the speedster was in a scene where the lady driving pulled up to a lake and was pointed down hill into the lake. I bet the owner of the car if he was on the set was very nervous during this shoot, because I know I was. So, does anyone know who ownes the car? If so what kind of perks did he get for letting them use the car? The name of the movie is Walker Payne. Check it out, the story line was ok, but the cars were better....

Domenic Manera
    I missed seeing it, now i'm going to have to watch this boring movie that i got up and walked out of just to see if i can spot it. Oh well fast forwaed and pause will do it. At least this turkey has one redeeming quality. A Stude.

Comment

Just saw the movie "Zodiac".....one character drives a GT Hawk...

Comment

Studehunter,
        I work with a company that (among other things) provides "Picture Cars" and other on & off screen vehicles for both indie and major motion pictures.
        Having your car used in a film can either be a wonderfuly fun and vaguely profitable experience, or a nightmare with results as bad as your car being abused, coming back damaged or not coming back at all.
        The trick is to have everything spelled out in a iron clad contract that covers all your bases (especially more than full vlaue compensation for damages or loss), and lists you as the cars on set handeler/driver, and outlines what you will NOT allow them to do (ie jump a revene like the Duke Boys, Trading paint in a chace scene, etc).

The "Perks" are usually just that you get to enjoy being on a film set, and part of the action. Add to that that your car instantly becomes a "Screen Used" car on film or T.V. If it is a "Hero" car (the main one in the film) it can subsatntially increase the valuse of the car as it open up the whole movie car collector market. If it is just a "Background" car then you at least can pause the DVD for family and friends and go "There she is!". There is not a lot of money in it however, so dont fall for those "get rich by having you car in film" scams on the net.

I will try and check out "Walker Payne" when I get a chance.
        55 Commander Regal Coupe
        XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
        KARR (Knightrider)
        Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Was watching Elvis the other afternoon in 'Kid Galihad' Elvis is a handyman turned boxer....very convincing.....

The point is, there were at least three Studies in it including a bus.

I think this hobby is beginning to impair my judgement

Merry Christmas to all.

Bill Foy
          Kingston, Ontario
          1964 Wagonaire Slider
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Hmmm, that was interesting, I Googled Walker Payne and got reviews etc. and I went to a "Buy it" option and it was Blockbuster with options to rent, get a copy on line etc. and there was a "view the Trailer and clips" option.
            I watched that and there was a scene in front of a house with three vehicles visible and one was what appeared to be a dead ringer for that nice '56J that Matt is always posting pics of on the Forum from the Georgia area. It was Turquoise and Med. Green and definitely a '56 Golden Hawk. So I don't know if I had seen the whole movie would I see a two tone Blue '55 Speedster or was this "IT"? [:0]
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich, you may be correct. It looked two tone bule to me but I might be wrong. There are several scenes with the car in it, so check out the whole movie.....

Domenic Manera
              Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
              City of York Fire Department
              York, SC 29745

Comment

Working...
              X