• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good flip project

hope this is allowed if not mods please remove

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
    259cid flight o matic

Priced way above the market, even for a keeper.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Priced way above the market, even for a keeper.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

what would a good offer be?

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
      259cid flight o matic

Comment

Worth that for the sheet metal, if you are nearby and need it.

JDP/Maryland
        Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

In my opinion the rust free sheet metal alone is worth at least $500.00 Maybe more if it was located on the east coast.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

In my opinion the rust free sheet metal alone is worth at least $500.00 Maybe more if it was located on the east coast.
            If it was on the east coast, it wouldn't have rust free metal. [)]

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I think $500 would be an OK price. I'd shoot lower if I wanted it for myself - which I don't - even tho it's only about 70 miles from me.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I just sold one nicer than that for $500 here in CA

sals54
                sals54

Comment

My first car was a 60 Tudor, so I know I'm going to get another one and "do it right". When I do, I doubt I'll be able to find one as good as that for $800.

Comment

Note that I didn't say it wasn't worth that- just that it's above current market. I based that on the last couple months' worth of Lark sales. Bob Peterson tried repeatedly to sell several Larks recently, but got no takers. Being on a deadline he listed them on eBay with no reserve. Here's what they sold for:

60 2dr. V8 Auto- $152.50
                    59 2dr. 6 Stick- $102.50
                    59 2dr.- $300
                    59 Hardtop- $100
                    61 2dr.- $430

Also had a 62 Daytona 2dr. 4spd. car that didn't get an opener of $500 or so. Don't know what happened to that one.

See them here:

All pretty solid CA cars, all the condition of this one or (much) better. I tried to get a few folks together to buy them all and ship them East- no interest.

That's what I based my assesment on.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

[)]I'm curious why it would have '56 license plates?[)]

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

No doubt. They just won't be available when I'm ready to purchase.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz
                          I'm curious why it would have '56 license plates?

This plate was issued between 56 and 62. They all said 56 in the upper right corner, but after 56 there was just a year sticker that went to the left of the '56.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

[)]I'm curious why it would have '56 license plates?[)]

California used the same yellow plates from 56 until 63 when the black plates came out. They all had 56 on them and the DMV issued a seperate tag to fasten to them to indicate the year through 62.

Pat

Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Just my personal opinion, but $800 is what I paid for my Daytona. It was in roughly that condition. The fenders alone would probably get you $500. The CA look at it over priced, but for a project, that would be worth it just to avoid the extra body work replacing panels. I say this without seeing the floors.If the floors are sold and I had the space and money I'd be all over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X