Studebaker Registries Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Registries Site Update

I have spent a little bit of time expanding and updating my Registries site: Studebaker Registries Web Site .

Here is a little information for everyone:

1. There are now 25 cars listed on the site. Seven 53-54 C/Ks, Six 55 Speedsters, Seven 63 Daytonas, and Five Wagonaires. Thanks to those who have sent in information on their cars. And if you have cars in one of these categories, please send your information to me so we can all keep track of the existent cars out there! I will also set up other registries if people have a desire to track other models.

2. I have opened an "Articles" section. Currently, it is home to the 55 Speedster articles that were originally posted at the original 55 Speedster Registry site, but if there are authors out there that want to help document issues on Studebakers, I can provide a hosting area for them. Original authors only, please - and those with permission to publish their works (I don't want to get into copyright infringements ).

3. I have also opened up an area for Web Links. I currently have links to 10 Studebaker-related sites; some that I have collected and some that have offered to share links. Spreading the Studebaker Word and sharing of information is the goal here. I have created various areas; namely: Studebaker-General, Other Registries, Vendors, and Personal Sites. I encourage owners of such areas to send me their links and I will add them to the collection.

Thanks everyone for their encouragement, participation, suggestions and interest. This gives me something constructive to do - as the current foot of snow and 5 degree temperatures are keeping me from working on my Lark!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Ummmm, how many registries do we have now for the SDC?

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

George - Thank you for your time and effort.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You might ask Paul (R1Lark) to add a link on your page to his Skytop Registry.

I will e-mail you info on our '66 Wagonaire shortly.. as soon as I find her birth certificate (production order)

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
        Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
        Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

How do you add one to the registry? I could not figure it out, but I am not the smartest one when it comes to computers.

Thanks

Domenic Manera
          1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
          Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
          City of York Fire Department
          York, SC 29745
          1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

If you will, add me to your registry site:

Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

Nicely done. I have added a link to the site in the "Registries" section on the "Valuable Links" page.

BShaw, Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Well...if it turns out there's a desire to enumerate

*Lark Deluxes
                *Lark VIs
                *two-door sedans
                *Hamilton-built Studes
                *Studes redesigned by Brooks Stevens

...etc., etc...then my Lark'll be there. The permutations are potentially almost endless, aren't they. Haven't actually had a look at the Registry site yet but will do so ASAP; those details do intrigue me.

EDIT...Visited the site, nice work. Reminds me of the Warbirds registries on one of the aviation sites. Look forward to seeing these Stude listings grow, probably exponentially. I know there are a few forumites in this area who have cars that fit one of the categories (actually at least one Hamilton Chapter car belongs equally on two of the lists)...

S.

Comment

Ray - I have added you car (and your location) and the Skytop Registry is linked.

Mark - thanks for the link - how could I forget the Cruiser link!

Bob - thank you; I have been delinquent in contacting you about the site.

Steve - I'll be glad to add yours or anyones to the list - or create new lists, if there is interest.

Domenic - here is how you (or anyone can get a car added. Just email me with this information:

Here are some basic pieces we would like to have:

* Cowl Tag Number (this will be the car''s unique identifier on the registry)
                  * Serial Number
                  * Block Number
                  * Body Style
                  * Trim Level
                  * Factory Color
                  * Present Color
                  * Engine Details, including Cylinders, Cubic Inches, Carburetor
                  * Your Name (or screen name)
                  * Your Town and State
                  * Condition

Original-Running
                  Restored as Factory
                  Restored - Customized
                  Under Construction
                  Parts Car
                  Abandoned (in a barn, back yard, junk yard, etc)
                  Crushed (already gone)

* Web Link to Additional Pictures
                  * Any Other Details You May Want to Include (History, Modifications, Future Plans, etc)

Please attach a photo to the email submission, if you like. I will resize it to a suitable size, if necessary (400 pixels wide).

Your email address will NOT be posted on the registry unless you specifically say you want it to appear to the public.

--george

Comment

Thanks for the additions. There are now 29 cars listed on the site.

Nine 53-54 C/Ks
                    Six 55 Speedsters
                    Seven 63 Daytonas
                    Seven Wagonaires.

P.S. - I'm glad the forum is back up!

--george

Comment

George,

Next time I get home I'll will get you the info on two more cars, a 53 Commander Hardtop and a 65 Daytona Wagonaire.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                      X