My new 59 (large pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 59 (large pictures)

Ok, the car has had its "lark shine" what do y'all think?

I love it, looks like a solid car, and I think the paint looks cool where its worn thin

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
    259cid flight o matic

Comment

Here are the before pictures... taken a little over a week ago.. Big believer in good ole Lark Shine.

Comment

There's that aforementioned grey primer factory paint in the trunk! Good shot. That's one Deluxe 59 with a grey trunk. What's interesting is the floor looks painted body color, is it, or a repaint color? That car was a great deal, love it. [^][^]

Comment

The floor is gray too, its got a bit of rust on the edges.. time for some POR-15.

Comment

Must have been over spray by the wheel well. Keep us undated. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks, the biggest goal was to get it someplace safe and stabilized. I'll start messing with it again soon after the holidays.

Comment

LOVE that car! Thise "Spring" colors are my favorite[:X] Have fun with it[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I have a red one just like it except it isnt a regal, fun little car and will get a ton of looks going down the road, love the color on yours. 78 Mph without overdrive, and it will do it at least 2 hours without letting off the gas (ask me how i know).
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Thats purty![8D] That is a big turn around condition wise.

Dylan
                    '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

It took a fair amount of buffing, etc.. sure it could use a new paint job, but at least its half way presentable now.

Comment

Very cute. (Not a spring color, though, Bams; Tahiti Coral was available all year long.[:0]) BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Boy, the car looks really nice. I love the color, it's the same as my '59 Lark Regal Hardtop. I get a lot of compliments on the car.
                          The body on your car looks sound and straight.
                          Of course, the engine compartment needs some work, but that's something you can do and drive it too.
                          Lots of luck.

Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I should have used a lower-case "s" because I was using the term generically. I grew up knowing them as "pastels" also.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                            X