Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no bids on this Lark Vert??

We've been talking about it here:

I know times are tight, and it's almost Christmas- but not even the $6500 opener??? What am I missing here?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Like you said "times are tight and it's almost Christmas"

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

We've been talking about it here:

I know times are tight, and it's almost Christmas- but not even the $6500 opener??? What am I missing here?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

cause i don't want to pay that much, guess they should have done a reasobale reserve and let the market come to it.

But hey you can always be the first bidder.

Comment

Bob,

Other than the economy and Christmas coming, the following turns me off, the color, 6 cylinder, auto, suspension looks weak in the front, etc.

Wayne

Comment

Somebody will buy it. Its reserve is $6500.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
          Oakville, Ontario.
          Hamilton Chapter
          See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Ya just had to go and show that here

While I could pick at it for its interior, one would have to buy it for what it is. A convertible.

Just a little too far away to go check this one out. One day I'll get a 61 convertible.....and not chop/lower it.[:0]

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

For $6500, you could chop and lower it . If I had the money, there would be a GM crate motor and trans in it's future, along with a complete repaint to nicer color and a better interior. There are reasons why some of us a better off being poor [:I].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Lister lowered opening bid to 2500, do we have another lurker among us?

ChopStu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Why would I bid with two days to go instead of a snipe bid ? Unless I just loved driving up some bidding, better to sit on my hands.

JDP/Maryland
                  Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
                    [ There are reasons why some of us are better off being poor [:I].
                    I Agree

Or too many irons in the fire.

ChopStu
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Why would I bid with two days to go instead of a snipe bid ? Unless I just loved driving up some bidding, better to sit on my hands.
                      I would agree, except for one thing: With no bids at all, the seller could think no one's interested. Then the cheapskate neigbor might catch him in a weak moment and steal it for way less than you'd pay, and convince him to pull the ad[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

A cheapskate neighbor is already on it.

JDP/Maryland
                        Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Nope, that's me[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

To me, the six cylinder is a big detractor, especailly in a convertible.
                            The main problem that I have is that there does not appear to be a serial number plate on the left A-pillar.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Someone asked him that- he says it's there but painted over.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X