This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a '66 Commander

OK, so this is a stab in the dark. If I had known I was going to get bitten by the Stude bug, I'd have bought this car when I saw it last. I'm not sure if this car still exists or if it was crushed. I'm just curious if anyone on here knows of or saw this car and it's ultimate destination (i.e., restoration, parts, etc.).

It was a blue/gray '66 Commander 2-dr sedan with a six and manual trans. It was pretty basic transportation. The floors were rotted thru, the rockers were gone and it definitely needed front fenders. At the time I had no idea that these are easily replaceable.

The car was at a used car lot in St. Clair Shores, MI on Harper Ave. south of 9 Mile Road. Of course I know this is like searching for a needle in a hay stack, but I'd figuire I'd ask. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Well, if you can find it, it should be a deal. Maybe $100.00 with the Michigan salt rot, 6 cyl. and all! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, if you can find it, it should be a deal. Maybe $100.00 with the Michigan salt rot, 6 cyl. and all! [:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We have a '66 Commander 4 door in the junk yard in about that condition I'm sure we could let go pretty cheap. [)]

Scott on this forum has a nice '66 Cruiser for sale, if you're looking for a '66 and his is still available.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

We have a '66 Commander 4 door in the junk yard in about that condition I'm sure we could let go pretty cheap. [)]

Scott on this forum has a nice '66 Cruiser for sale, if you're looking for a '66 and his is still available.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Well, this is a four-door, but here's one:

Looks like a nice one too!

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, this is a four-door, but here's one:

Looks like a nice one too!

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I'm just curious if that car was saved or crushed. Some of these cars end up recycled. If it was a big deal then, I'm sure it would have been Ebayed at the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I'm just curious if that car was saved or crushed. Some of these cars end up recycled. If it was a big deal then, I'm sure it would have been Ebayed at the time.

Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

The one on eBay sure has had some high quality interior work done to it! [V]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, Georgia
                    '59 Scotsman PU
                    '63 Daytona HT

Comment

The one on eBay sure has had some high quality interior work done to it! [V]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Yup, real high quality Matthew. It's the same seat cover on alot of cowboy pickup trucks hereabouts...AutoZone..$14.95, plus tax, of course.

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Yup, real high quality Matthew. It's the same seat cover on alot of cowboy pickup trucks hereabouts...AutoZone..$14.95, plus tax, of course.

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                          http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Our '64 Wagonaire had those covers on the seats. [}] We put new ones from JDP on it, looks 200% better now. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, Georgia
                            '59 Scotsman PU
                            '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Our '64 Wagonaire had those covers on the seats. [}] We put new ones from JDP on it, looks 200% better now. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, Georgia
                              '59 Scotsman PU
                              '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                              X