Studebaker's triumphant return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker's triumphant return!

Studebaker returns, the company will once more become a household name! Check out this web site.www.studebakermotorcompany.com/

Alex Nelsen
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

here we go again......

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Has anyone got a wooden stake?
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

LOL...

Yep, this one (and the other recurrent one about the little three-wheelers badged as "Studebakers" because that's the importer's surname) have popped up here before. There was also, for a time, a Studebaker Motor Co that was planning to manufacture motorcycles under our favourite automotive banner...never could figure that one out.

Wooden stakes? Yep, we have a bunch here that were used as perimeter markers for our rugby pitch. They were replaced with plastic ones. How many do we need?

S.

Comment

This is the first time I've bothered to look at whatever it is that's being proposed as a Studebaker. 1852 to 2008! Hey, never mind that 42-year hiatus from building anything 4-wheeled with a Studebaker nameplate on it! The company spent that 42 years planning their next offering. How could it HELP but be the "best vehicle on the road" when it's the product of four decades of engineering and refinement???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Alex, they have been doing that for years, still have not built vehicle number one yet! I do not recommend holding your breath waiting to buy one!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a feeling that somewhere in China a villiage is being renamed....
              so they can say they are made in South Bend.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

[img][/img]
                tag reads 060-ER engine repair kit the only 'new' item i've seen from "Studebaker"

Oglesby,Il.
                Anybody that drives faster than me is a maniac.Anybody that drives slower than me is an idiot.
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

John observes...."I have a feeling that somewhere in China a villiage is being renamed....
                  so they can say they are made in South Bend."

Maybe they'll debut a Hybrid version of a US6X6 developed from an old Lend-Lease example. Just think of all the batteries that baby could tote![:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

OMG! It just occured to my gelatin mind that if the Big 3 go out of business, Studebaker will remain the oldest vehicle manufacturer in America forever!! Long live Studebaker!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Studebaker resurrected as a viable automobile manufacturer?
                      Is it that time of the month again already? BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Your right about after the big three go down Bob. Studebaker probably holds the torch already. The longest all American made car in the U.S.A.

Gordon

Comment

C'mon, lets have some positive vibes out there. Maybe if we all gather our Karma and channel it into the world wide web, we may get to see the fruits of a renewed Studebaker Corp. It could happen, even if it only occurs in Oz.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

I'm hosting an all Studebaker seance from 2357 to 0005 starting on 12/24/08. It we all get together and place all of our Karma into this maybe A. R. Erskine, Sherwood Egbert Brooks Stevens, E. T. Reyonlds, Eugene Hardig and others will appear and give us guidance in brining the company back to life. The seance will take place on top of Blue Mountain in northwestern Lehigh County and home to some of the steepest ground in eastern PA. All of our efforts can make this work. [^][:X][^]
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                            X