Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers In The Movies

I had mentioned earlier that other than my sickness for Studes, I also have a sickness for rotten horror movies. Would anyone like to know what movies starred Studes? Just for fun.

Studes in horror movies or in all kinds?

Comment

All kinds, here is a trivia question, a Studebaker was in the orginial 1978 "Halloween" where and what was it?

Comment

Check with the Beach cities / Inland Empire chapter. They kind of specialize in promoting our cars for that kind of thing(951-734-1816). The only car that I remember starring in a horror movie was Cristine (birrrrr).[}][:0] Wasn't she a Plymoth Fury?

Lotsa Larks!
        Studeclunker
        A.K.A: out2lunch
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If you check out a Tony Curtis movie made in 1953 called Johnny Dark the car in it called the Thunderbird that was in the lead and the favorite to win the race was Stude Powered and regestered as a Stude.

Comment

Was that the one with the turbine? The one that lost it's hood during the race? I loved that movie and I can't remember the name of it.[)]

Lotsa Larks!
            Studeclunker
            A.K.A: out2lunch
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Turbines didn't come out till the early 60's about 10 years later

Comment

Years ago I remember reading in Old Cars Weekly about a movie wherein many bulletnose Studes were wrecked. I think they used them as police cars. This would have been the late 70s or 80s. This bothered me the same way I hate to see monster trucks chewing up cars that will be of interest to enthusiasts a few years after they are merely used cars, but when this movie was made the Studebakers were already recognized and collected.

I know it is not much info to go on, but does anyone know that movie.

Thanks for any info,
                Justin

Comment

One of the "Batman" movies featured bullet-noses as Gotham police cars. The movie about the Tucker used at least one bullet-nose in a crash scene.

Miscreant at large.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

"LA Confidential" stars a '53 or '54 coupe.

Peter.

Comment

In the movie "Fright Night" Roddy McDowell's character Dr. Peter Vincent (aka The Mighty Vampire Slayer), drives a nice Lark.

Jeff DeWitt
                      Jeff DeWitt
                      http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

How about sci-fi genre? One of my favorites is "It Conquered the World". A B/W 1956 film with Peter Graves, Lee VanCleef, and two beautiful 1956 Studes, a President and a Pinehurst that both get a lot of film in the second half of the movie.

Dwain G.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thank you for all the responses, it makes a new member feel welcome. Here we go: Christine was a 1958 Fury that was painted red for evil. The Plymouth factory in the beginning of the movie was a closed furniture factory in ME.

The Johnny Dark movie was on SpeedChannels Lost Drive In. The stock cars were 1954 Willys Sedans. The "Idaho Special" that he races was a modified Plymouth.

Kevin Spacy drove a 1953 coupe in LA Confidential.

Fright Night was a 1962 Lark Cruiser, just like my Stuart.

The movie with the Turbines was Fireball 500 in 1963.

Tucker did wreck about five buillet noses and it is a shame.

The orginal Halloween had a 1963 Wagoneer. Mike Myers parents pull up in the drive way in it and see their little darling with his knife.

Comment

The Idaho special was a Woodill Wildfire with a Chevy 235 Blue Flame Powerglide 6 and 2 1BBL down draft carter carbs on a log manifold.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Alan

The Idaho special was a Woodill Wildfire with a Chevy 235 Blue Flame Powerglide 6 and 2 1BBL down draft carter carbs on a log manifold.
                              Quite right, I have a Collectible Automobile magazine with a profile on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X