Ute sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ute sign

Looking for ideas for the sign(s) for the Ute at the GNRS.

I was thinking something 50's...maybe like some of the 50's ads in car magazines. Like this?.....

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

'Way Cool, Dick!

One small suggestion: Put more space between the black starburst of who restored it and the copy immediately above that starburst.

Right now, the reader's eye doesn't immediately associate the "Originally Customized by" copy with The 1959 Oakland Roadster Show copy right next to it. Maybe juggle that material around just a little bit to distinguish those elements ("Orginally Customized by" and "1959 Oakland Roadster Show") from the black starburst copy immediately below it, that's all.

Cute sign; great copy. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think you nailed it. I wouldn't change a thing!

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

One small suggestion: Put more space between the black starburst of who restored it and the copy immediately above that starburst.
        I see what you mean, Bob. Maybe even an arrow or something to tie the two together.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

All that missing is a drawing of a busty 50's gal in a one piece bathing suit.

JDP/Maryland
          Please vote for Sid (64GT)in the NYT contest.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I want to work this into the smaller sign that describes the Kart...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great sign, has "the look". To be nit picky, Studebaker Drivers Club doesn't have an apostrophe.

BShaw, Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Great sign, has "the look". To be nit picky, Studebaker Drivers Club doesn't have an apostrophe.

OK...thanks...I'll change it

BUT, shouldn't it?

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

awesome sign

Dick do you have a thread on the go cart here? some pics would be cool, is it a shifter?

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
                  259cid flight o matic

"IT'S BAD LUCK TO BE SUPERSTITIOUS"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JLasvegas

Dick do you have a thread on the go cart here? some pics would be cool, is it a shifter?
                    Shifter Karts weren't around in the late 50's. It's a Rupp Dart A-Bone with 2 West Bend 820's...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

OK...thanks...I'll change it

BUT, shouldn't it?

Yes... Great sign. You really captured the vintage look appropriate for the show. Are you still considering the 50's TV with a video running on it, too?

Comment

Don't forget the angel hair and mirrors Dick!

[img][img]
                        Dwain G.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dick, Studebaker Drivers Club does NOT have an apostrophe because:
                          when it was named it was meant to be a club OF drivers, not a drivers' club (possessive).
                          Small point, I know, and many people mistakenly put in an apostrophe.
                          Almost as bad as its and it's.

Comment

Dick, I like both signs and wouldn't change a thing. You could have a '50's pin-up to the left in a 1-pc bathing suit with her hand extended towards the letter like the models on the price is right showing off a prize. But the sign doesn't NEED it. Everything looks great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

A little imaginative creativity to finish the sign

How are you going to display the Ute and the Kart? If it's side by side you could provide mirror images of a Car Hop, Split Happy Face, or whatever to make the Ute and the Kart look like a Me and Mini Me type of display. The mirror images could stand next to their respective signs like a pair of twins displaying the vehicles.

The humor with drivers, driver's, and drivers' is;
                              Drivers; We are a club of drivers and there is no shared ownership between the members of the club.
                              Driver's; Only one member in the club and he/she runs the show as he/she owns complete control of the club. It's the singular form.
                              Drivers'; Everyone owns a piece of the club and everyone has equal ownership to the club. It's the plural form of driver's.

Yeah the connotation can get quite humorous if its incorrect [)].......

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000145-1.jpg[/img=left][IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                              X