Thank You, Bob Peterson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You, Bob Peterson!

Well, we picked up Tracy's Lark today and are headed back home. Once again, we are amazed by the help and generosity shown to us by our fellow SDC members! Bob and his grandson helped us load the Lark on the trailer without once making us feel ridiculous for our very obvious inexperience in the matter. (All right, we'll be honest...they pretty much did it for us; otherwise, we'd probably still be there!) We'll be posting more pictures on our blog when we get home tomorrow, but we wanted to say a big "Thank You!" to Bob and his grandson for their help and support with our continuing Studebaker adventure. We really appreciate everything they did for us.

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

Well, we picked up Tracy's Lark today and are headed back home. Once again, we are amazed by the help and generosity shown to us by our fellow SDC members! Bob and his grandson helped us load the Lark on the trailer without once making us feel ridiculous for our very obvious inexperience in the matter. (All right, we'll be honest...they pretty much did it for us; otherwise, we'd probably still be there!) We'll be posting more pictures on our blog when we get home tomorrow, but we wanted to say a big "Thank You!" to Bob and his grandson for their help and support with our continuing Studebaker adventure. We really appreciate everything they did for us.

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

Glad all went well, and they treated you two so nice. No i don't suppose you slid the lark a little forward. And straped the front wheels of that hemi powered Pickup onto the back of the traier.

I would have loved to see it sitting in my garage as a replacement for the chrome hood latch.

Have a safe trip, hope you gennorate some more stude intrest along the way. And maybe at home. If i remeber right both your mothers have some stude history. Perhaps they will be driving one soon.

Comment

Yep, great guy. He's done a lot for us East Coasters as well. Thanks again, Bob![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Excellent. 'Glad to see a 1960 Lark V-8 2-door saved. They hold a special place in my and cousin George Krem's heart, what with our having terrorized much of west suburban Chicagoland in his Dad's new, Colonial Red 1960 Lark 2-door with V-8, straight three-speed, and factory power pack.

You will enjoy that car! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Awesome.

That looks a bit better than the ebay photo's
          with a little Dick Steinkamp patented 'Lark Shine' That little lark is going to look pretty good.

I'm sure an answer will come in time...since your busy traveling....but I'll be curious your first impressions of its condition.

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Hey, that's Gulfstream Blue, isn't it...Love That Lark. Another one doesn't bite the dust...so cool. Congrats John & Tracy!

S.

Comment

Thanks John and Tracy for taking the lark off my hand so I did not have scrap it, glad you made it home ok and it was my pleasure to help you load the car and also meeting you both was also a pleasure, see you in 2010 if not before....Bob
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Congrats
                Nice looking Lark. You can't find any better than Studebaker people. That's a great before pic. It would be cool to see an after pic with Bob, Tracy, John & the kids.[8D]

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                X