57 flight hawk value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 flight hawk value

hello all i am writting on behalf of my father in law. he has a 57 flight hawk and was wondering what would the value would be. i do not know the condition ie: rust/interior/ specifics v8/v6, a/c no a/c. just wondering if anyone knows ballpark value. looking to get rid of it he's in a tight finantial position. we are located in south central pa. any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Impossible to say without specifics...
    Any rust, condition of engine, interior, etc.
    Could be anywhere from a basically free parts car on up...

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

First of all, there is no such thing as a 1957 Flight Hawk. Flight Hawks were only produced in 1956. They only came as a 6 cylinder car.

If it is a 1956 Flight Hawk, it is worth between $840 for a rusty one that doesn't run to $21,000 for a #1 show car, perfect in every way....so, somewhere in between .

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by xjcheesehead

hello all i am writting on behalf of my father in law. he has a 57 flight hawk and was wondering what would the value would be.

******************************************************************************** ******************

Hello xjcheesehead: Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place for Studebaker advice. I'm offering some help here as your statements will raise more questions than advice. First off, the Fight Hawk was a 1956 model ONLY. There was no 1957 Flight Hawk model, only Golden and Silver Hawks. Secondly, if the car is a 1956 Flight Hawk or a 1957 Silver Hawk, it would come from the factory with a 185 cubic inch, six cylinder, flathead engine. Thirdly, neither car would have come from the factory with air conditioning or any type of V type engine.

If you could be more definitive it would help us. Some photos would encourage some to make a stab at a value.

Just off hand, if the car needs a complete restoration or is a parts car, you're looking at the range of $500 to $1200. If it not a rusted out hulk, has been garaged and has most of its parts and doesn't have accident damage, you may be in the range of $2500 to $4000. Remember, this is one man's opinion looking at nothing.

Frank Drumheller
        Louisa, VA
        60S-W6
        1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

Comment

Dick, are you saying that my Granddad's Flight Hawk is worth $840?

This Silver Hawk should be worth $1200, it's a convertible.

[)][)][)][)][)]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Hmmmmmm....Maybe $40

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Hmmmmmm....Maybe $40

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what he paid for it back 20+ years ago. Glad to know it's held its value! [^]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

thanks guys for all your help.... im just going off what he has said to me and what i have seen of the car which is not much. i am planing on looking at it this weekend and taking my camera along. he insist that it is a flight hawk so it must be a 56 then. sory for my lack of knowledge of his car thats why i came here for help.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by xjcheesehead

thanks guys for all your help.... im just going off what he has said to me and what i have seen of the car which is not much. i am planing on looking at it this weekend and taking my camera along. he insist that it is a flight hawk so it must be a 56 then. sory for my lack of knowledge of his car thats why i came here for help.
                  We'll get you there...post some pictures of it, or send them to me and I'll post them for you. ddstnkmp@yahoo.com

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

will do....if you have any questions on mercedes-benz or jeeps i would be the one to ask

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what he paid for it back 20+ years ago. Glad to know it's held its value! [^]
                      Is that with; or without the Citroen in the background??

Craig

Comment

The Citroen isn't ours Craig, so it doesn't go. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That car next to the Citroen covered with a tarp, that's a secret prototype isn't it Matthew. That's why it's the only car on the lot that is covered. Top secret stuff. That is sooo nifty.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Honestly Bob, I don't know what it is. Only the Studes are ours. They're at a friend's place who stores cars for lotsa people.

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

hmmm, you seem to be associated with a lot of cars you "don't know anything about". I feel better knowing that there is no such thing as the mafia. Uh-oh, just remembered that you are in a "car family". Now I'm worried again.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
                              X