65 Cruiser FS in WA - great deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Cruiser FS in WA - great deal!

This car is being offered by a really good guy! Robert Bell's been a member of our chapter forever. He and his wife moved to the Spokane area a few years back and he writes:
    here's a few photos to pick from and how is how it's listed, you can add my email address to your listing too. thank you, robert bell

1965 Studebaker Cruiser $5500
    2 speed A/T, P/S, P/B 283 THUNDERBOLT V8

Parts replaced/installed: motor mounts, fuel line,
    front brakes, power steering lines, shocks, am/fm/cd,
    A-arm bushings, new tires, rebuilt carb, alternator,
    Oil pressure line, exhaust line and a new starter. accepting offers.
    Walt Thompson helped me with a few of these items.
    For more info and photos email or call 503-860-2885

Nice looking car and if roadworthy, a bargin at that.[8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah, Bud, that's triple schweet!!Right price- wrong coast!!!LOL

Comment

DANG a nice '65...which is what I started out looking for...

Luckily, this one's got two too many doors, and is on the wrong side of North America. Still...that's a nice car.

S.

Comment

Me again...curious about something. How, exactly, does one tell a 1965 Stude sedan or wagon from a 1964, without opening the hood? (Obviously if it's a hardtop or convertible it has to be a '64, but the others just seem so externally identical between the two years).

This Cruiser is sooo nice...

S.

Comment

If anyone buys it and needs a place to temporarily store it here in eastern Washington, you can park it at my place.
            It will even be inside a heated garage until my Avanti comes home.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

A few ways. On the 64s, there was a wide aluminum strip across the trunk lid where the lock is located, not so with 65s. Emblems on the front fenders read 283 if V8. 6 cylinder 65s had no emblem on fender. Then there's subtle differences like two color versus one color steering wheel, suspended versus non-suspended gas pedal, and if you pop off the rear wheel cover, you'll find flanged axles on the 65s.

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Me again...curious about something. How, exactly, does one tell a 1965 Stude sedan or wagon from a 1964, without opening the hood? (Obviously if it's a hardtop or convertible it has to be a '64, but the others just seem so externally identical between the two years).

This Cruiser is sooo nice...

S.
              Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA
              Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Emblems on the front fenders read 283 if V8. 6 cylinder 65s had no emblem on fender. Then there's subtle differences like two color versus one color steering wheel, suspended versus non-suspended gas pedal, and if you pop off the rear wheel cover, you'll find flanged axles on the 65s. Mark Anderson
                Uhhh, you sure about all of that? The emblems you're talking about are on '66s. That other stuff were 'running changes' and there is no "all '65s" were this way about it...

My '65 has no flanged axles- never has. (for example)

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
                San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
                '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
                '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

A few ways. On the 64s, there was a wide aluminum strip across the trunk lid where the lock is located, not so with 65s. Emblems on the front fenders read 283 if V8. 6 cylinder 65s had no emblem on fender. Then there's subtle differences like two color versus one color steering wheel, suspended versus non-suspended gas pedal, and if you pop off the rear wheel cover, you'll find flanged axles on the 65s.

Mark Anderson
                  My '65 Cruiser (an original) that I owned back in the 70's just had an "8" in the emblems on the front sides.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                  May 23 & 24, 2009?
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

What StudeDave57 said would be correct Mark A, the suspended gas pedal was also a "running change" in '65. And the V-8's have the same parallelogram "8" Emblem as a '64. You are merely just comparing all Canadian built cars to your former '65 Cruiser, and though understandable, it does not work! [:0]

Another clue is all '65 and '66's have windshield washers standard and all 8's were originally 2 Brl. single Exhaust and Automatics have H.D. oil cooled Trans. and 8's have heavy duty rear axle (44) and finned drums, (rear only on Disc. equipped front).

This looks like a very nice condition '65.

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Uhhh, you sure about all of that? The emblems you're talking about are on '66s. That other stuff were 'running changes' and there is no "all '65s" were this way about it...

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Then there's subtle differences like two color versus one color steering wheel, suspended versus non-suspended gas pedal, and if you pop off the rear wheel cover, you'll find flanged axles on the 65s.

1964 Cruiser steering wheels: South Bend cars were two-toned, Hamilton assembled Cruisers were white.

1965 Cruiser steering wheels were white at the beginning of the year regardless of interior color. Later on in the year, steering wheels were colored to match interior color. Other running changes on ALL 1965's were the suspended accelerator pedal, and the change from a black plastic windshield washer bottle next to the battery to a bag on the firewall below the body tag. The one up for sale is an early car.

Craig

Comment

I just didn't go into great detail. As stated there were so many running changes, still it's easy to spot a 65 if you know what to look for.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

What StudeDave57 said would be correct Mark A, the suspended gas pedal was also a "running change" in '65. And the V-8's have the same parallelogram "8" Emblem as a '64. You are merely just comparing all Canadian built cars to your former '65 Cruiser, and though understandable, it does not work! [:0]

Another clue is all '65 and '66's have windshield washers standard and all 8's were originally 2 Brl. single Exhaust and Automatics have H.D. oil cooled Trans. and 8's have heavy duty rear axle (44) and finned drums, (rear only on Disc. equipped front).

This looks like a very nice condition '65.

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                        Mark Anderson
                        Member SDC and FMCA
                        Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

Only if it's a Cruiser is it easy to spot the difference between 64 and 65 (the trunk lid brightwork). Any other model drive by and you wouldn't know what it was. Except maybe for a 6 cylinder if you could remember which side the exhaust pipe was on.

Comment

Art et al--

Thanks for the info...sounds like the ID challenge really mainly involves 4dr sedans and wagons...at least now I have a few salient points to go on! 4dr V8 Commander-level cars, though, sound as though they really are indistinguishable 64 vs 65, without viewing the engine room.

Anybody gone after this lovely Cruiser yet?

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

Only if it's a Cruiser is it easy to spot the difference between 64 and 65 (the trunk lid brightwork). Any other model drive by and you wouldn't know what it was. Except maybe for a 6 cylinder if you could remember which side the exhaust pipe was on.
                              If you see one from the side, a 6 cylinder Cruiser would not have the '8' parallogram on the front fenders.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X