Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StudeRich or Dick Steinkamp know this car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich or Dick Steinkamp know this car??

I was wondering if either of you or anybody else knows anything about this car? Condition, quality of work, etc??

Thanks for the info.

Dick has already posted it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

I have seen it several times. The seller does good work, and has built many custom Studebakers. I know a few very knowledgeable local Stude folks helped with some of the items. The car is probably under-advertised. I do not know the price of the car but whatever it is I can tell you there is no better car for the money since he states he is selling below build cost. Just read the ad and punch some numbers into a calculator as you read. I'd suggest talking with the seller and then have a neutral party check it out. It is really nice however, I dont want to try to tell you how to buy a car.

MIKE
      Yep, I was there when that car won Best of Show at the International Meet in Spokane in 2005.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rayoung55

I was wondering if either of you or anybody else knows anything about this car? Condition, quality of work, etc??
        It is a flawless show car. Best of show at the 2005 International Meet (not a 1st in class, not best in class, BEST OF SHOW). Won it's class at the Seattle Roadster Show last year. No disappointments.

If you are interested in the car, I would talk to Scott directly. He is honest and straight forward. He will answer any questions you might have. He can provide additional pictures or details.

Send him an email through the eBay system with your phone number and I'm sure he will give you a buzz.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

That is an extremely beautiful car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I may have to spent all my Christmas bonus on this one. Very nice car and I've been wanting to go to the roadster show, I could get Dick to bring it to the bay area, and visit a while and then drive her home to Deep South Texas. only trouble with this plan is my Christmas bonus would not be enough to buy the hub caps. (Or cap)

Ebon...

"Holiday Cheers to ALL"

Comment

This '55 Speedster is one of the best quality restorations I have ever seen, so if you like the mods that Scott likes, you've got a real winner!

There are many deviations from either a '53 Starliner OR a '55 Speedster, or a '63 R2 GT Hawk, that the Engine resembles that you need to appreciate to enjoy this car. If you do, you will NEVER find a better one! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Will watch what the price does. May be out of our price range. It is a beautiful car!!

Rob

Comment

This car is on my top 5 list of the most beautiful Studes I've ever seen. I've always loved the looks of the 55 trim with the 53 front end. This one tops it with the color choices and the two tone. The coup de gras is the engine compartment. WOW, what a deal. The only possible improvement I could even consider would be a 5 speed trans with OD 5th. Just spectacular. And Dave since you already have someone riding shotgun when you deliver the car to the new owner.... I would be happy to ride in the back. I would not even need a shotgun since I'm a pretty good shot with my SIG.

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

Now THAT's what a modified Studebaker should be![^] Take note, no Chebby under HER hood! She'd probably SPANK any chebby or furd powered car out there![8D]

Truely a wonderful car!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yes, That's a honey. Saw it in Spokane. Scott had to keep wiping it off 'cuz Dick was drooling all over it!!

Claude Chmielewski
                      Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
                      47 M-16 Truck
                      62 GT Hawk
                      63 Lark
                      64 Commander Wagonaire
                      50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                      [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/62hawka/dakota01_250.jpg[/img=left]
                      1936 Dictator
                      1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                      1953 Commander Regal HT
                      1953 2R5 Pickup
                      1947 M16 Truck
                      1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                      1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                      1962 GT Hawk
                      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                      1963 GT Hawk R2
                      1964 Daytona Convertible
                      1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Amen to all comments. I was judging the non-Studebaker-powered modifieds at Spokane, but snuck over to see this '55 in the immediate area. Beautiful execution; just gorgeous. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54
                          The only possible improvement I could even consider would be a 5 speed trans with OD 5th.

Scott wanted the car to be ALL Studebaker...no brand X allowed. Therefore, the T-10.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X